ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    When MP needs the xml file to display a particular panel, it checks to see if that xml file has been modified on disk, and reloads it if it has been changed.

This is not entirely true, if you are in a window, then any changes in the files of this window will be applied to the window the next time you enter this window.

The engine does not check whether the files have changed or not, it just loads them again when entering the window.

And do not forget that the pictures are cached, if you replace the picture, it may not be updated until it erases the cache.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    The engine does not check whether the files have changed or not, it just loads them again when entering the window.
    :eek:
    Well, I suppose something has to use up all of those MIPs; you cannot keep them for use later. :D

And do not forget that the pictures are cached, if you replace the picture, it may not be updated until it erases the cache.
    I have seen this mentioned before. My experience is that in most cases changed graphics are loaded without having to delete the cache. The one case that I noticed where changed graphics were not loaded was (I think) for themes, but I may have misremembered that. o_O

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    My experience is that in most cases changed graphics are loaded without having to delete the cache.
    Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ...
    Well, I suppose something has to use up all of those MIPs; you cannot keep them for use later.
    While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to this windowm its load skin again with all changes ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.2 MediaPortal 2.3.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.2 MediaPortal 2.3.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.2 MediaPortal 2.3.2 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    I have just tested the dll, and it works fine on my thpc too :)(y) Thanks
    I have just tested the dll, and it works fine on my thpc too :)(y) Thanks
    Since the update to MediaPortal 1.27 it takes about three seconds to jump to the next or previous track. Also adding files and...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok I could solve my problem by myself. The logs said that the delimiter of that song is not in text form. Although it was already in text form and I deleted the music database, the title information was still not available. I ripped the song again and now it works. I think that something went wrong the first time.
    Ok I could solve my problem by myself. The logs said that the delimiter of that song is not in text form. Although it was already...
    Hi, After the update from 1.25 to 1.26 the replay gain functionality appears to be broken. I had no sound on all audio files (TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom