Skin With Menu Editor (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    When MP needs the xml file to display a particular panel, it checks to see if that xml file has been modified on disk, and reloads it if it has been changed.

This is not entirely true, if you are in a window, then any changes in the files of this window will be applied to the window the next time you enter this window.

The engine does not check whether the files have changed or not, it just loads them again when entering the window.

And do not forget that the pictures are cached, if you replace the picture, it may not be updated until it erases the cache.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The engine does not check whether the files have changed or not, it just loads them again when entering the window.
    :eek:
    Well, I suppose something has to use up all of those MIPs; you cannot keep them for use later. :D

And do not forget that the pictures are cached, if you replace the picture, it may not be updated until it erases the cache.
    I have seen this mentioned before. My experience is that in most cases changed graphics are loaded without having to delete the cache. The one case that I noticed where changed graphics were not loaded was (I think) for themes, but I may have misremembered that. o_O

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    My experience is that in most cases changed graphics are loaded without having to delete the cache.
    Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ...
    Well, I suppose something has to use up all of those MIPs; you cannot keep them for use later.
    While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to this windowm its load skin again with all changes ... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom