[no Bug] Skip in PiP doesnt work for 2nd Video (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    FreakyJ: Thats exactly what I mean too.

Albert: As said, I totally understand that there are different approaches. Still me personally would only want to and only expect to control the fullscreen player. If I desire to skip forward/back the PIP-Player, I would take it to fullscreen. I don't need to control the PIP-Player in the small screen. And this is as FreakyJ thinks too, if I understand him right.

And since there are - as you stated - nearly no people used to control two player, all are used to control the fullscreen-player. So this would be for me the most logical way to do it.

But still: I can live with any solution since this is my most anticipated feature for MP2.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Morph and Smeulf, what do you say?

For me, the suggestion of Freak sounds sensible. Should we do it like that?
    But it must be clear that if MP2 changes the focused (=current) player by itself, the skin MUST reflect the focus state very noticeable to the user, in each skin.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only have one concern about this change. Consider following scenario:
    1. Start an audio file in primary player
    2. Start an image slide show in secondary player, keeping concurrent audio.
    If I remember correctly, you cannot do a "fullscreen audio player" now. If you can't make it the "fullscreen" player, you also can't control it then (it won't ever get the CurrentPlayer).

Besides this I also would prefer an easier handling, and I like the suggestion that always the "fullscreen player" handles the inputs.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good point Morph. I didn't have the audio example in mind.
    Do you think it really makes sense to have an audio player in fullscreen while a picture/video player plays as secondary player in the little window?

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    The now playing screen/lyrics/album/artist info could be shown for a audio player if made full screen. In MP1 x or Red button brings now playing for audio.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    we have an audio visualization screen (spectrum analyzer), that is used in fullscreen case (if no other player is present).

I don't know if this can be really useful to have fullscreen audio (viz) while playing video/image in PiP, but it would be consistent then

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I remember correctly, you cannot do a "fullscreen audio player" now. If you can't make it the "fullscreen" player, you also can't control it then (it won't ever get the CurrentPlayer).
    In my explanation before the "SwitchFocusButton" isn't gone, so you can still switch the focus to the audio player with a button ;)
    But If you have two videos (one in fullscreen & one in PiP) and change positions the fullscreen one get automatically focus.
    This means (if I understand morph correctly) the audio player is no problem :)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have myself the same feeling as FreakyJ, I was about to propose the same : when 2 videos plays concurrently, and we switch from PIP to fullscreen, then the fullscreen should gain the focus. PIP will still be fosusable later if needed.

It makes more sence like this IMO.

Cheers.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you want other input from users, I personally tend to agree with FreakyJ, but mostly from the WAF. From a purist perspective, having the flexibility to manually swap the focus is a nice idea, but from a practical perspective it is going to confuse the hell out of anyone who doesn't understand the background logic (i.e. my wife or kids).

It should be like the logic behind the tuner prioritisation, in that it just happens without them having to think about it - which is great.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want other input from users, I personally tend to agree with FreakyJ, but mostly from the WAF. From a purist perspective, having the flexibility to manually swap the focus is a nice idea, but from a practical perspective it is going to confuse the hell out of anyone who doesn't understand the background logic (i.e. my wife or kids).

It should be like the logic behind the tuner prioritisation, in that it just happens without them having to think about it - which is great.
    Perhaps we achieve both...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom