onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Is there any prerequisites for the sky go streams to play?
    I can play via the sky website on IE and Firefox but within online videos I press play and it flashes the desktop before returning back to MP

Iplayer, ITV etc all work in OnlineVideos

Edit: Running MP 1.7.1 and Online Videos 1.8.1

Thanks
    Ian

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Have you added in your username and password in the online videos configuration for the SkyGo site?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    It may be possible, I'd have to look further. The only problem is that I don't have a prime account, but I think I can sign up for a 30 day trial. I'll see if I can look later in the week.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks Jason, you're a star :) Thought I would mention it as it appears to use the same silverlight browser player so hopefully it would be possible.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey @Jason Pyke

I've recently come back to try Sky GO and I still have issues with movies playing back with slight judder. It's almost like the refresh rate is out. Do you know what frame rate the streams are in so maybe I can look at matching up the display?

Also I seem to be having issues with the Live TV. The channels icons load up but when I select a channel the browser opens and I see the spinning counter icon thing, but then it's a plain black screen. Moving the mouse doesn't display the silverlight player controls or anything its just plain black. It's a case of press stop or escape to return to OV.

Just clearing out my logs and making some new ones now. Thanks :) (Latest OV and MP 1.8 btw)

I tried to open MTV and Sky Sports 1 and both gave blank screens - then took the logs. Both of these work when launching from the Sky GO website. Theres some OV XML errors in Mediaportal.log maybe that is the cause?

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey @Jason Pyke

I've recently come back to try Sky GO and I still have issues with movies playing back with slight judder. It's almost like the refresh rate is out. Do you know what frame rate the streams are in so maybe I can look at matching up the display?

Also I seem to be having issues with the Live TV. The channels icons load up but when I select a channel the browser opens and I see the spinning counter icon thing, but then it's a plain black screen. Moving the mouse doesn't display the silverlight player controls or anything its just plain black. It's a case of press stop or escape to return to OV.

Just clearing out my logs and making some new ones now. Thanks :) (Latest OV and MP 1.8 btw)

I have also made sites with the browser player. The following settings works ok with Viaplay (also Silverlight)
    • Turn on hardware acceleration in silverlight settings
      • Open "Microsoft Silverlight Configuration" in elevated mode (right click and run as administrator)
      • Playback tab
      • Check hardware acceleration
    • Reduce frame rate when not being in focus
    • Set a 50Hz refresh rate in your graphic settings (PAL content)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks Ministerk. I didn't have reduce framerate when not in focus selected so will see if that helps the playback.

Don't suppose you use this site? Does Live TV work for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom