Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Don't suppose you use this site? Does Live TV work for you?
    No I don't use Sky or 4OD, live in Sweden. Does live TV work in Internet Explorer on the same computer?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've been using Sky Go with no problems (no stuttering at all) and live tv is working fine also. The only other thing I can suggest is maybe check that the browserhost exe is excluded from any virus scanner.

I'm surprised it works fine in IE and not in the browser host because it basically uses the same components. I guess it must be a Silverlight issue.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmm I will try reinstalling silverlight - my virus scanner is already off. Its not so much a stutter as a small pause ever second or so like it's adding in frames..

What IE version do you use? Is the browser host totally unrelated to IE?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi, I'm definitely not experiencing any pausing, but I am using Win 8.1 with IE11. Unfortunately I can't test it on a windows 7 PC (it's annoying I can only register 2 machines with Sky!).

The browser host uses the standard .Net web browser control, which hooks into the Browser Active X component behind the scenes. In effect this hooks directly into the back-end rendering used by IE (as far as I understand), so in theory if it works in IE it'll work here.

The xml errors are normal and are unrelated to playback.

Just seen you system spec from your logs - it looks like it'd be easily enough to deal with this. It might still be worth checking what your processor load is like in task manager whilst watching a video in Sky Go through MP. To do this you'll need to set the browser host to debug mode so it runs in a window instead of full screen - if you edit C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config in notepad you can change the value for "DebugMode" from "false" to "true".

One other thing which may be worth trying is clearing the browser cache - it's possible there's something odd with the cached Silverlight control.

Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    @TheBatfink - I've been looking a bit further and it's possible that the "keep on top" process of the browser host is causing some of your problems, so I've implemented a fix in Sky Go/4oD which means it will only force the player on top after 30 seconds. Let me know if this helps.

As for Amazon Prime, I've implemented the play and category/video lookup, but there is some functionality I need to finish before I can publish it. I'm busy for the next couple of weeks, but I hope to have this running soon for you.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey thanks alot for looking into Sky GO and the Amazon Prime site :)

I'll have another play and see if it's any better now. Looking forward to trying out the prime site!!

Thanks!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi Jason, live TV works again now in OV :) so looks like that was the issue.

I still get the juddering video though, I might upload a video. If you can watch Sky sports news it is most obviously noticable - the ticker has stutters constantly. I'm guessing for you it is working fine.

I only just saw your previous post so will check that out. Curious though, what other software is displaying the video? Is Silverlight playback and codec baked in?

Thanks!

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I was hoping the refresh thing would fix your stuttering playback :-(

I've played Sky sports news and can see that even on mine the ticker isn't 100% smooth, but it's not really a stuttering on mine and it isn't bad enough for me to have noticed it elsewhere.

The standard Silverlight plugin will be playing the video - basically what you're viewing is just a version of Internet Explorer. One other thing which might be worth a try is to run the browser host without running Media Portal, the below 2 lines, when copied in to a batch file (just create a text file anywhere replacing the "txt" extension with "bat"), will open sky sports news - please note you'll need to replace "USERNAME" and "PASSWORD" and remove the 2 " (x86)" bits if you're on a 32 bit machine:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"
    "plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" "LTV~a2010ac0039e9110VgnVCM1000002c04170a____" "OnlineVideos.Sites.WebAutomation.ConnectorImplementations.SkyGo.Connectors.SkyGoConnector" "USERNAME" "PASSWORD"

Please also note that the last 3 lines above must all be on the same line with a space between

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom