Sky GO UK (1 Viewer)

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
April 12, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
The application storage does disable after 30 seconds of playing (well it toggles what is currently set). I don't know why it would still be enabled after that duration, but if possible could you manually turn it off after a minute of playback and see if that helps.

Could you also try running the browserhost in debug mode again and making the window larger to fill the whole screen. Does it still play back smoothly at this point, or is there a size at which it starts stuttering. The only difference between debug and normal mode is that in debug it's windowed, normal mode is made full screen. There's no other functional difference.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @Jason Pyke whilst its been a while since I used Sky Go so not sure how long this has been the case but with the football season starting again, I jumped back in :)

I notice when entering the Sky Go site that there is no Live TV menu option anymore (Only Catch Up | Movies | Box Sets).

Also when navigating to movies, then a genre and selecting a movie.. I see the blue circle timer but a second or two later it immediately drops back to the movie listings. Playback never starts? I attached my logs!

Thanks as always :)

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I had to recently redo some of SkyGo as they've changed some of their site (how they load their data in particular) and haven't had the chance to re-implement live tv. I'll see if I can get this done at some point soon.

The rest of the options seem to be working fine for me - I was watching a box set last night and have just tried a movie. Can you make sure you've saved your username and password (the password has been moved to encrypted recently, is it possible you haven't updated it since?). Make sure you can log in and play a video manually on the Sky Go site on that machine. If it still fails i'd suggest changing the browserhost config to debug mode with logging turned on - it's in the program files\mp\plugins\window\online videos area this should allow you to see what pages it is actually navigating to.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I checkd in config and the username and password were still there. I re-entered the password to be sure. It still fails to play.

I turned on the debug settings and here are the logs (hopefully you can ignore the junk from Trakt getting upset, took a few times to boot up, but I had this behaviour yesterday even before updating Trakt and getting these Sky GO issues).

I also validated this machine will play content from the Sky GO website OK. Loaded up some live TV and Movies / Box Sets.

Thanks Jason :)

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    OK, I've fixed the Sky Go issue, it looks like I was using a version which I hadn't published :whistle:. I'll see if I can get the chance to add Live TV in the next week or so.

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Sorry for the delay - I've been struggling to find time to look at this! Anyway, I've just released a version of Sky Go which includes Live TV. Unfortunately the fullscreen mode is less than ideal (it'll stay small screen for a short while before expanding), but it should be usable right now.

Update: It's now showing Now/Next info for the channels

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom