Sky GO UK (1 Viewer)

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
April 12, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Thanks for doing that - I wasn't sure that it was related to the MePo load, but it was worth checking. I suspect the cores thing is irrelevant because it's most likely single threaded (so can't split across the cores). Presumably you've got hardware acceleration enabled in the Silverlight settings?

Annoyingly it's going to be tricky for me to debug because of the stupid 2 machine limit Sky impose (my dev machine isn't registered, but my HTPC and tablet is), but I'll take a look and see if I can do anything with this in the next few weeks.

Amazon Prime is done no differently to Sky Go - they both just log in to the web page, select the movie and make the Silverlight player full screen.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmm. Have you noticed the dodgy playback has gone away when using IE?

I have hardware acceleration checked (if it's not CPU related, for info I have an Nvidia GTX660 with latest driver).

Silverlight version 5.1.30514.0
    IE version 11.0.9600.17280 Update Versions 11.0.12 (KB2977629).

if you haven't already used it, there is a 2 month free trial available for Sky Go Extra :)

Could the browser host be using an older version of something?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I haven't spent much time investigating the IE vs Browserhost playback because for the things I watch the host has been "acceptable". But my HTPC is an A10 with Win 8.1 and IE11, so hopefully I can at least do a similar comparison to what you've done.

As far as I'm aware the web browser control is literally using the IE runtime dlls, but it's possible there's a version issue there. I'll sign up for an trial in the new year and see if I can do anything to improve the playback.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Having a few issue with the connector..

Ive setup the username and password correctly in OV config as per my login info. If view a stream (live or catchup) in MePo it goes to a white screen for a second, then I hear two ticks (the mouse click sound), it flickers and drops straight back to MePo OV screen.

Ive created the batch file as per instructions and ran it from C: drive, it does exactly the same thing - if however I log into SkyGo website and minimise it, it then opens a stream from the batch file but from inside MePo it still doesnt work, however I get a black screen with a blue loading circle - as expected - but it still 'ticks' and drops back to MePo

Puzzling one... any thoughts?

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    There's a couple of things you can try.

The first is to clear your internet cache (or just delete the SkyPlayer.xap file in the internet cache), log in via the website and watch something and then try via MePo.

If this doesn't help I'll need some logs, so if you could open notepad as an administrator and edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config - you can set WriteDebugLog to true and save it. If you then run Sky Go from within MePo it will create a log in the usual logs folder.

Finally, just to see what it's doing, you can edit the same config file and set DebugMode to true - this will show you exactly what it's doing on the Sky website (instead of showing the loading image).

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Right..

Odd..

Ive just set the debug output as you said - i see an error login failed, and without the splash screen I get the Sky Go login page displayed

When I look back in the onlinevideos log file i can see:
    WARN Sky Go UK - could not set User Configuration Value: password. Error: Invalid length for a Base-64 char array or string.

I also appear to be getting this for my 4OD site too - but ive not used that yet so wouldnt have realised!

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok.. As i see in OV 2.0 they have noted about password encryption in the change log and some people have had other issues and they suggested a clean install of OV, ive just done that...

It logged in once, told me I needed flash player, i closed it down and installed flash. Now it appears to not log in anymore!

I dont get any errors in OV log, but in debug log i get:
    Attempting Log In

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    OK, is this the 4OD site (I assume so because you mention flash), if that's the case 4OD Web is currently broken, I've left it like that for a couple of months because they've been playing with their website. Just this week they've published the latest website, so I'll try and fix it when I get a chance.

Have you tried Sky Go since updating the username/password? Does that work now? You will need to make sure the passwords are re-entered in to OV for them to be encrypted.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Jason, No still Sky Go...

It logged me in and went to the intropage with miniviewer which said it require flash... so i closed everything down and installed flash.

It now sits at the login page with my username and password populated but doesnt actually log in!

It works flawlessly with the batch file!

Last edited:

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    This is appears to be really temperamental! It will load the stream on the first click after a full reboot the after that it drops back to MePo everytime with:
    Performing Login
    Login Failed

Also when it works the control bar wont hide, on the SkyGo site it drops down after a few seconds, but not in MePo..

I noticed in the OV sites configuration that everytime I change a setting it doesnt seem to save it. I typed my username in lowercase to start with but noticed when logging in to the sky go site i had my user remembered and it was in uppercase so I changed it in OV and boom it worked, but then second time round it didnt work and looking back in sites its back to lowercase again. My password also had uppercase characters - maybe this is the issue?

I also noticed that the site player is 'internal (flash)' not 'browser (silverlight'). Again when i change it, close config and go back in again its defaulted back to internal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom