Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    everytime I change a setting it doesnt seem to save it
    I have noticed that if you change your settings from context menu inside online videos it doesn't save the information to MediaPortal.xml until you exit mediaportal. If you restart och shutdown the computer without exiting MP the settings will not be saved. So if you change your configuration restart MP (or just use the mp configuration application).

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ministerk, I am changing settings inside the mp configuration app.

I would love to get this to work as obviously other people have and are!

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Im wondering if the site timeout is too short now.

Ive noticed that it seems to either sit on the sky login page and return back to MePo or it goes through the login screen and gets to the welcome page for a split second and returns to Mepo..

When running from the batch file it seems to be taking a good 25-30seconds from opening the batch file to it loading the stream..

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've noticed that the MP config application doesn't save unless you click "OK", it means if you close the OV configuration you have to click "OK" on the MP config, don't close it using the 'x' in the top right.

It's definitely not right that it's taking so long to start a stream, I assume it starts quickly through your web browser? Now you've got something partially working could you clear your browser cache, start a stream through IE and then try MP again. Also, if you could get me some logs it may prove useful - if still no joy I'll need to send a debug version over to you next week sometime.

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    I will have a tinker tomorrow.. ive left my windows 7 as I installed it as it was stable.. but ive decided to upgrade to SP1 and IE11.. whole load of other issues thats caused me but hey ho.. ill get there

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok. It works - kind of!!

heres what ive done - it may be one or many things:
    Upgraded to Windows 7 SP1.
    Upgraded to IE11.
    Disabled all browser accelerators and helpers.
    Deleted the cache, passwords, form data etc.
    Disabled caching of websites.
    Uninstalled MP2.

This got me to the point that it would go to the login page, then go to the welcome (but not logged in) page, then it would go to the page for the stream and display the OSD at the bottom and just as it was about to play it would drop back to MePo...

So i disabled the 'Keep on Top' in config (which I might add I had already done once) and it then played streams perfectly in debug mode..
    So i then go ahead and turn off debug mode, go back into MePo and first time around it doesnt work - try again and away it goes.

It seems that the first couple of times you try to load a stream it fails, then once you get a proper load it works on them all! Seems unstable to me.

Also - how do I get the volume control to work in it?

Another random thing, it flashes up the sky OSD at totally random times, but if I close the stream and reopen it stops it doing it.

When it plays in debug mode its uber-smooth, in fullscreened mode in stuttery as hell - but isnt on the sky only version in fullscreen!

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    It seems that the first couple of times you try to load a stream it fails, then once you get a proper load it works on them all
    It's possible that the very first time any Sky Go video plays it needs to be done outside of MediaPortal, but every time after this it should be OK. I haven't had a video fail to load the first time for months now, if you are experiencing this every time there is definitely an issue.

Also - how do I get the volume control to work in it?
    The volume control should work if it's set to Master Volume in the standard MediaPortal configuration screen.

Another random thing, it flashes up the sky OSD at totally random times, but if I close the stream and reopen it stops it doing it.
    The controls will only pop up if a mouse move happens, or if you press play/pause. I still need to do some work to make play/pause 100% reliable because Sky don't have any keyboard shortcuts, so it's a bit flaky moving the mouse and detecting the play button :-(

If it's popping up without you doing anything, could you send a browser host debug log across and I'll see if any events are being fired.

When it plays in debug mode its uber-smooth, in fullscreened mode in stuttery as hell - but isnt on the sky only version in fullscreen!
    Do you have Hardware acceleration turned on in the Silverlight settings (you'll need to right-click on a playing video). There is a micro-stutter issue which I'm still seeing if I can improve, but full-screen playback is certainly watchable for most streams (fast-action sports possibly being an exception).

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Jason,

Thanks for your help with this. It only seems to have the issue with not opening the streams for the first few times after a pc or mepo restart.
    Ive changed the volume settings in config and all good.
    I think the randomly appearing OSD might be my wireless mouse - its a laser one and super sensitive and i think my amp and speakers might have been vibrating the cupboard its on :rolleyes: (i run an old school valve amp and 70's achoustic research speakers thats have some serious pounding bass to em!!)
    hardware acceleration is turned on - my vga card is quite powerful so should be ok (it plays hd tv fine)...

jonathantwynham

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok.

I read that you disabled the application storage after 30seconds of playback to help smooth out the playback.. when i go into the settings after watching a stream for quite a while (10mins or so) my application storage is still enabled? does it only for that instance of silverlight and as such doesnt show in the silverlight settings (right click on video) or is it not actually being disabled?

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    That work around requires you to do it every single stream, it needs to be on to start stream. Or thats what I read on Sky forums last year when I was trying to get around the stutter. Not the best of work arounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom