Not open for further replies.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought it might have been PD or Tourettes...but SpragleKnas got us! lol :D

No joy in sorting it, just have find a window when she's out so I can get it rebuilt :(

J.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    It's a right royal kicking then!
    Whack whack whack whack whack whack - naughty naughty boy...
    lol

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Attached TSWriter and TVLibrary for RC2

I haven't tested the files as I am still using RC1. Any problems then let me know.

Thanks.

DJBlu, thanks for the modified files. I did a completely fresh install of MP 1.1.0 RC2 including MySQL, no 3rd party plugins and no restore from backup. I manually tuned all DVB-t and DVB-s channels and confirmed the TVServer was working properly. I then installed your modified files as per your instructions. As I'm only interested in the EPG data, I've set both GetSkyNumbers and SkyQuickScan to 0 in the "Sky.cfg" file. Also, just in case, I renamed "groups_uk.dict" to "groups.dict", and in the "regions.dict" file I put a '#' in the line before 4099-43 and removed the '#' from the line before 4098-35.

I can confirm the EPG data is grabbed correctly, I now have a fully populated EPG. However, for no apparent reason, the TVService randomly terminates unexpectedly when grabbing data from 'EPG Background Audio'. Unfortunately, no "error.log" file is generated when that happens and there aren't any pointers in the other log files. As my TS-Witer log file is huge at 83MB (it seems to log each individual program) I won't attach it all to this message, just the number of lines since the last successful 'EPG Background Audio' grab. In the meantime, I've restored the original files without changing the EPG config so the TVServer will still try and grab EPG data from the same transponders. This should confirm whether the issue is with grabbing the data itself, or with the processing of the data.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Do your event viewer logs show anything?

Only a single entry in the system log to say the service terminated unexpectedly, but no further detail:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7034
    Date: 21/04/2010
    Time: 23:36:16
    User: N/A
    Computer: MUUN
    Description:
    The TVService service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu, I've been having a similar problem to Jay_UK & AberDino but I'm not using MDAPI or anything like that. Just a Standard CAM.

I was able to start TV Service after replacing the files with your versions but once I changed some settings in TV Server configuration regarding the TV card priority, settings etc TV Service restarted as it does but then it won't start again, even after a full restart. Logs attached.

P.S I'm using MP RC2, clean install, clean database + all windows updates and VB 2005/2008 SP1 + ATL patches.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi guys :D

Well I managed to sneak in a fresh rebuild today :)

Everything was going great, instead MePo, replaced the files with DJBlu's (no banned software installed), did a scanned, found the channels, I did a custom group, went through the rest of the config fine - thought happy days here I come :D

Then I noticed I was running on DHCP and not static! So I changed the IP, it broke TVServer, tried changing it back, but TVServer wasn't happy at this point.

Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling TVServer (DB too)

It was happy now, replaced the files again and BOOM TVserver dies again!

And now it wont even start (like wonkyd above!) - If I revert back to original files it works fine!

Looks like there is a problem and it wasn't just a "one off" software bug/issue I had before (as I have it again - and so does someone else) :(

J.

Hi there,

I've kinda hastily restarted the rebuild again - she isn't gonna be happy!!!!! :(

But I have found this thread (with a potential fixed tvserver.exe) - People on that thread are displaying similar errors to me/us??

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ersions-496/tvservice-dying-very-often-78740/

Fixed page here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../tvservice-dying-very-often-78740/index4.html

Might be worth a try?

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I will update to the latest SVN later and patch with my changes. I will upload it sometime tonight or tommorow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom