Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I tried to test Gemx's latest My Pictures (which allows video clips to play along with pictures), he has also supplied a new configuration.exe (as he is allowing some config/setup options for it), but it is built against 1.1 Final or 1.2.0.0

So when you try and launch it, it complains that we're on a different SVN.

I am also noticing thumbnails are working for his code, so I was trying to rule out any other client side changes.

Thanks for you great work :)

J.

g.sigalotti

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

... Hello.. i'm using your last version and it's great.. i've noticed only a minor issue, nothing special but i want to share.. I see that all the programs across 6.00 am of every day have end time truncated at 6.00. For example if a program starts at 5.50 and ends at 6.50 in the epg is recorded as 5.50-6.00 and there is an hole between 6.00 and 6.50. If program starts at 6.00 all'perfect instead.

Hi g.sigalotti,

Does this happen on every channel and every day where a show runs past the 0600 boundary? Is it definately truncating the program end time - ie Are you sure theres not just a complete programme missing where the gap is? Did this happen with djblu's tswriter?

Has anyone else noticed any gaps anywhere using this new version (UK or Italy)?
    Thanks for your help

hi, i've noticed that the problem is related to scheduled grabbing time. for example if i schedule grabbing time at 13.30, the mentioned holes occurrs between 13 and 14. i grab the epg usually one time per day using power scheduler to wake up pc.
    i'm not using djblu tswriter and i confirm that the program is present but with end time truncated.

jobyrne30

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    hi, i've noticed that the problem is related to scheduled grabbing time. for example if i schedule grabbing time at 13.30, the mentioned holes occurrs between 13 and 14. i grab the epg usually one time per day using power scheduler to wake up pc.
    i'm not using djblu tswriter and i confirm that the program is present but with end time truncated.

I'm using the Sky UK EPG grabber, I've two HTPC's and I've been updating my EPG every 48 hours. One updates at 8am , the other at 10am, I've not had any of the issues you are describing either with miroslav22's or DJ Blu's grabber. Are you using the SKY IT grabber ?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I was just wondering how "flexible" the series link feature is, in relation to 4TR?

I believe 4TR can detect when a program moves (rescheduled on the same channel), will Series link allow/detect that too, or is it purely used to detect other episodes at the time of scheduling?

Thanks,

J.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Miroslav.

I did have previous schedules but i think i remembered to remove them before trying the series link. I can understand the plugin trying to record both channels the same VPIds but different SID's basically the typical sky channel dupe. but I just don't understand the Sd channels too, I only ever set HD channels to be recorded unless I want somthing that not in HD or it's a talk show where Picture quality isn't an issue thus a waste of space. I have never set both Sd and Hd channel to record the same program.

I'm still having typical problems of MP Tv server just going MIA and crashing at will after a week. requireing a re-install which seems to appease it and it works perfectly again for a few more days. nothing to do with your patch Miroslav. thats about one of the few things that does complete without a crash.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi there,

I was just wondering how "flexible" the series link feature is, in relation to 4TR?

I believe 4TR can detect when a program moves (rescheduled on the same channel), will Series link allow/detect that too, or is it purely used to detect other episodes at the time of scheduling?

Thanks,

J.
    I don't know how well 4TR works in this regard, but series link should be completely flexible. One of the most demanding use cases is the F1 coverage on the BBC. It's a Sunday, but the times change for each race, so does the length a lot of the time. It also isn't on a regular schedule, sometimes a week, sometimes it's three weeks between races. To add another layer of complication, the program name is never the same, and you have the names of the race location in there as well. Sky+ using that same series link data manages to handle that just fine. This is the whole point of how the series link data is generated and broadcast.

This is how I understand it:
    Each series is given an ID number, each program within that series is given an episode number. When you select a series to record it remembers that series ID, looking forward through the EPG it checks any programs with that series ID. If it finds one, it then checks to see if already has a recording that matches that episode number. These series can be slit over multiple channels as well, so sometimes it might record the repeat instead of the initial airing to avoid a conflict with another recording or live viewing. Using series link data completely moves away from the old date/time/channel way of recording (like on VHS) and moves to an item/object way of recording. No matter when or where that item appears in the EPG, it should record.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks explaining how series link works with Sky+.

I was wondering if this flexibility is implemented into MePo (via Miroslavv22's code)?

Thanks,

J.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi

The series link should be quite robust and flexible.

It only records programmes having the same series id on the channel the series link was set up on (I was always under the impression that series link does not span across channels and developed it this way - please correct me if this is wrong)

The limitations:

Will only pick up programme entries that are inserted with the Sky EPG grabber. Entries added through Web EPG or the freesat grabber will not work or be recorded with series link as the series ids are not added into the database. It is possible to work with freesat, but this is not added in yet.

Will only be as up to date as the last epg grab. If a programme time changes after the last epg grab, it will not be recorded.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It only records programmes having the same series id on the channel the series link was set up on (I was always under the impression that series link does not span across channels and developed it this way - please correct me if this is wrong)
    I was only really guessing about that point. I assumed it could span channels (so you could also record from all the +1 channels if the initial broadcast is missed).

Most of the time though, even the same series over multiple channels would probably have different series IDs. For example a series of Top Gear on BBC3 is going to have a different ID than the same series on Dave, because they are by different broadcasters and one will have adverts the other obviously wont.

It would be good if someone could clear this up once and for all, as I'm curious :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom