Sky IT / UK / UK Freesat EPG (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma9mwah

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
this is now included in the latest SVN. so don't overwrite with file on the first post.

All SVN's from now on will include this amazing patch.

It isn't m8.

Just Freesat is.

I will be including Sky UK in a few weeks.

have you been able to extract the seriesid and episodeid's from the EPG? I know MP cannot use that info just yet, but having a working extraction would be a big step in the right direction.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
DJBlu

With the release of 1.1Beta which now includes your code for exracting Freesat EPG info is there any timescale for the the full Sky channels, as included in the current patched TSWriter ? You indicated a while back this would follow later - is this still the case?

What you have done and resulant patched TSWriter is too good to let go of, the fact it works flawlesly and has have for months means I will most likley stick with MP 1.0.2 until a 1.1 patched TSWriter or this code makes into MP 1.1 - would hate to have to go back to incomplete xmltv files.

Thanks for your time

Trevor

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
DJBlu

With the release of 1.1Beta which now includes your code for exracting Freesat EPG info is there any timescale for the the full Sky channels, as included in the current patched TSWriter ? You indicated a while back this would follow later - is this still the case?

What you have done and resulant patched TSWriter is too good to let go of, the fact it works flawlesly and has have for months means I will most likley stick with MP 1.0.2 until a 1.1 patched TSWriter or this code makes into MP 1.1 - would hate to have to go back to incomplete xmltv files.

Thanks for for time

Trevor

The reason I haven't included the Sky Code is because it is messy and doesn't conform to the coding standards of MediaPortal.

When and if I can change it I will. I am just busy with another part of the project at the minute.

It hasn't been forgotten just on the back burner.

I will upload a new TSWriter that will work with 1.1 beta as an interim.

g.sigalotti

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi .. your work is really great.. and we are all waiting your porting on MP 1.1 :) i need this.. also if you are really busy:)
Thx.. and excuse we for tedious requests ! :)
Gianni

marcopt

Portal Member
May 23, 2006
Pistoia
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi DJBlu, one question, is possible save data EPG with your plugin in a file .xml?... if yes, how?

Thanks for your job.

Marco.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    I was just reading my regular news sites and found this ...

BBC NEWS | Technology | BBC looks to copy protect content

If this crazy idea comes into force what will be the outcome? I guess XMLTV sources will be ok, but your plugin will need the decryptor :(
    I read that today as well and it sounded quite depressing - the end of HTPC usage! But I think they're only talking about HD channels, and even then I doubt Ofcom will approve it anyway - they can't possibly justify making us pay a licence fee then not letting us watch stuff!

Rob

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I was just reading my regular news sites and found this ...

BBC NEWS | Technology | BBC looks to copy protect content

If this crazy idea comes into force what will be the outcome? I guess XMLTV sources will be ok, but your plugin will need the decryptor :(
    I read that today as well and it sounded quite depressing - the end of HTPC usage! But I think they're only talking about HD channels, and even then I doubt Ofcom will approve it anyway - they can't possibly justify making us pay a licence fee then not letting us watch stuff!

Rob

The BBC are only talking about the guide for Freeview HD, a seperate service to Freesat HD.

alextiva

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2009
    Farnham
    Home Country
    SKY EPG listings

Hi,

Before I try this, I also have a DVB-S card connected to 19.2, and want to pick up EPG for selected channels from that satellite. Will I still be able to tick the channels I want from 19.2 to grab the EPG?

Cheers,

Alex

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom