Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Wait... :)

Your current installs aren't going anywhere.
    The problem is that with 1.3.0 I don't have Music working properly. It looks like 1.4.0 might fix the issues I have with it, but then that'd mean no EPG. So basically my MediaPortal isn't working properly for at least one of the two things I mainly use it for. :(

I admit that some of the 1.4 tweaks, such as faster starting are very appealing, but at the end of the day DJBlu uses his plugin himself, so hopefully at some point it will be updated. I don't think anyone expected 1.4 so soon, so try and pretend it hasn't happened and then check the data grabber thread in a few weeks! :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I admit that some of the 1.4 tweaks, such as faster starting are very appealing, but at the end of the day DJBlu uses his plugin himself, so hopefully at some point it will be updated. I don't think anyone expected 1.4 so soon, so try and pretend it hasn't happened and then check the data grabber thread in a few weeks! :)
    I was going to try to merge and compile it myself since I have coding experience but it clearly isn't going to happen. Can't even get past the prerequisites (VS2010 refuses to add C++ to list of languages, Windows 7 SDK refuses to install, Windows 8 SDK doesn't create environment variables) and I can't download the read/write GIT hub either (permission denied). :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    VS2010 refuses to add C++ to list of languages
    Using VS2010 Express?

Windows 7 SDK refuses to install
    It is the Windows SDK. If you get the installer for W8 then it won't install on W7.

Windows 8 SDK doesn't create environment variables
    You're meant to create them manually.
    An example of setting env variables on Windows:
    http://javarevisited.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/windows-8-set-path-and-classpath-java-windows-7.html

I can't download the read/write GIT hub either (permission denied).
    Only team members get read/write access. Public get read access. If you want read/write you must fork.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Using VS2010 Express?

Ultimate. It's some stupid bug that produces a lot of results in Google but no answers.

It is the Windows SDK. If you get the installer for W8 then it won't install on W7.
    Huh? I'm running Windows 8. The MediaPortal FAQ says I need to install both the Windows 7 and Windows 8 SDKs (although unhelpfully it doesn't say what I specifically need and they're big).

You're meant to create them manually.

An example of setting env variables on Windows:

http://javarevisited.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/windows-8-set-path-and-classpath-java-windows-7.html
    Doesn't help - as far as I can see, there is no DirectX SDK installed, even though it's supposedly included in the Windows 8 SDK.

Only team members get read/write access. Public get read access. If you want read/write you must fork.

Hmm, I see.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ultimate. It's some stupid bug that produces a lot of results in Google but no answers.
    Got an error message you could share?

Huh? I'm running Windows 8. The MediaPortal FAQ says I need to install both the Windows 7 and Windows 8 SDKs (although unhelpfully it doesn't say what I specifically need and they're big).
    Whoops, got my numbers the wrong way around. W8 already has .NET 4 so I'm not sure why the wiki says that, but I haven't got W8 so I'm not speaking from experience.

Doesn't help - as far as I can see, there is no DirectX SDK installed, even though it's supposedly included in the Windows 8 SDK.
    According to MS if you've got the Windows SDK for W8 then you have the required DirectX headers, libs etc. Try search for D3DX11.h on your HDD. Previously it was in the "include" directory for the DirectX SDK.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Got an error message you could share?
    Can't remember but something about the drive not being valid. Had to uninstall and reinstall it.

According to MS if you've got the Windows SDK for W8 then you have the required DirectX headers, libs etc. Try search for D3DX11.h on your HDD. Previously it was in the "include" directory for the DirectX SDK.
    D3DX11.h is not on my system. I do have DXD11.h in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\um though. I used that for DXSDK_DIR and can open MediaPortal solutions now. However, when I run the "MSBUILD_Rebuild_All_MediaPortal_Release" batch file, it completes without error but I see no compiled files. :/

Running the installer NSIS script produces 4 errors to do with DirectX so this SDK is definitely not installed properly (or maybe the version included in Windows 8 isn't compatible with the version MediaPortal needs). I'll try installing the standalone DXSDK_Jun10.exe but it may not work with Windows 8.

Last edited:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Also watch out for issues with running an x64 OS...

MePo is 32bit...so you need to set up your env to support that.

J.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    OK now we're getting somewhere. When running the installer script I only get one error now (and 2 warnings):

Code:
    "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(2105,9): error MSB6004: The specified task executable location "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\\Bin\AL.exe" is invalid. [D:\Adam\MediaPortal Source\MediaPortal-1\Tools\MediaPortal.DeployTool\MediaPortal.DeployTool.csproj]

I have no idea where the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\\Bin\AL.exe is coming from - I can't see it in the NSI script file and it's not in the list of environment variables.

bongobarry

Portal Member
    April 18, 2012
    Home Country
    xml epgs don't sort the Sky channels in the brilliant way that DJBlu's plugin does

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    xml epgs don't sort the Sky channels in the brilliant way that DJBlu's plugin does
    Why would you even want Sky's EPG ordering? It's rather random due to the peppered way the slots were bought and sold, plus the main channels don't get HD prominence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom