Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongobarry

Portal Member
April 18, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For anyone using the DJblu plugin - are you missing any channels following an EPG grab?

Even after dropping the tvserver database, I can't get the full range of channels in my EPG. All the Sky Sports channels have disappeared!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I would like to apologize to to viewers on this thread and the dev's for my outrageous drunken rant I made here a few days ago.

Came home form the pub and my music files seemed to have disappeared and my video files as well. A reboot seemed to have fixed it.

Very sorry. Thanks for all your hard work.

Make a donation, think of it as redemption :-p

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    So, with MP 1.4.0 released and preparing for life after Custom Data Grabber, how does one grab the Sky EPG? I've tried enabling grabbing of the "EPG Background Audio" channel with "Store data only for selected channels" off, but nothing happens when I click "Refresh DVB EPG" and my EPG is empty. I've tried with CRC both on and off. I can tune to EPG Background Audio in the Radio player so it's not a signal issue.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I think probably move to some form of web/xml variety of EPG as has been discussed hereabouts earlier. All you'll get with the above is the freesat channels, I believe.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I think probably move to some form of web/xml variety of EPG as has been discussed hereabouts earlier. All you'll get with the above is the freesat channels, I believe.
    I'm talking about the Sky EPG on "EPG Background Audio", not the Freesat EPG on "Freesat Info".

The problem with using WebEPG is it takes way too long - 2 hours for a full grab. I tried setting up XML TV once ages ago and couldn't get it to work. I find it hard to believe that something so crucial as an EPG is so bloody complicated to do. Why a Sky EPG grabber that already exists isn't an integral part of MediaPortal already is beyond me.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I'm talking about the S-y EPG on "EPG Background Audio",

I know, but isn't one or other of the plugins *required* for that? I know there is other functionality in the two (DJBlu & miroslav) plugins, but I'm pretty certain that without one or other of them, you can't get a full EPG.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm talking about the S-y EPG on "EPG Background Audio",

I know, but isn't one or other of the plugins *required* for that? I know there is other functionality in the two (DJBlu & miroslav) plugins, but I'm pretty certain that without one or other of them, you can't get a full EPG.
    You may be right, I don't know.

Neither of these plugins is being updated though, so what are us Sky users meant to do?

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Wait... :)

Your current installs aren't going anywhere. It's my understanding djblu will update the final builds when he has the time to do so.

Of course it would be amazing for the data grabber to be baked in to the main branch :>

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Of course it would be amazing for the data grabber to be baked in to the main branch

Yes, that would save a lot of messing about. I currently use miroslav's grabber and hence I'm still on 1.2.3 - would be great to either get a version of that for 1.4.0 or for it to become part of the main code. Maybe I'll come back from my 3 month US Roadtrip and it will have happened ;)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Wait... :)

Your current installs aren't going anywhere.
    The problem is that with 1.3.0 I don't have Music working properly. It looks like 1.4.0 might fix the issues I have with it, but then that'd mean no EPG. So basically my MediaPortal isn't working properly for at least one of the two things I mainly use it for. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom