Not open for further replies.

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

I have an intermitant crash on my system 1.1.2. Last night it gave a BSOD just after 10pm. It seemed to me there was a recording scheduled, the Sky EPG grabber kicked off and then my wife tried to watch TV. There are 2 cards in my system.

I post some logs hoping you can tell me if its tied to the EPG grabber or a combination. It only happens every 4 weeks. The system was restarted at 22.16 all was well.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a quick note to say that I deleted ALL my channels this afternoon, rescanned, re-combined and put back into the groups that I use.... now have a full and complete EPG - first time ever!

It took some time, but it is all done - until some clever bugger tries to rebrand their channel.

M

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    I'll give it two months before five decide to re-brand... again! Why do they keep on changing the name...

nigelb

January 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Been trying to install Sky EPG today for MePo 1.1.2. Both the Mediaportal and TV server SVN packages install succussfully. But when I open TVSetup the ProviderEPG tab doesn't exist, and in Mediaportal config the recording section isn't listed under TV.

I spent hours trying to figure out what I've missed. Any ideas?

Thanks

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I have just read the first post by Miroslav22 and I suspect that the Provider tab and recording options will only appear in MP 1.2, and as you are using MP 1.1.2 you will not get this option.

I am using 1.1.2 and used the Installer 1.0 - Installer 1.1 is for MP 1.2 only.

HTH

M.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu,

Care to elaborate a little more about your patch??? :)

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu,

Care to elaborate a little more about your patch??? :)

J.

Had to dump it somewhere as I am not at home.

Its the stuff Miroslav did for the SVN ages ago

Have added it to 27782 as this seems to be running a lot faster on my machine.

I'll be adding my changes later as I need this file on my machine here and its just quicker to upload it here.

icerg

Portal Member
    March 20, 2009
    Liverpool
    Home Country
    Im liking this plugin a lot, Any chance this could work with 1.1.3 for win7 installations?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Got some good news,

I have got the TSWriter to spit out the data I need to implement a plugin system.

Don't ask why it took so long, I went round the bleeding houses when the answer was so obvious.

How this will work.

Plugin asks TV Server, tune to this channel please and give me this data, its on the following PIDs. I need (30 seconds or until you see a loop in the Carousel)worth so I can do my thing.

TSWriter then writes a TS file to a directory that the Plugin sets. When the data is written it will let the plugin know.

The plugin then has the raw data to do what it needs to without using the TSWriter.

The plugin must adhere to CPU starvation techniques(e.g. a sleep function in data updates) as it can interupt critical operations.

It can then update channels, EPG, shedules etc.

I will be writing a channel updater next week as I have 2 weeks away from work.

I'll try to complete an EPG updater also.

Another benefit of this plugin system is that the time required to tune to a channel reduces as the work is done outside the TSWriter. So you could tune to a channel for 30 seconds and then watch another channel and the EPG will still be updated.

It all might sound a bit far fetched but when I get it working it will be worth it.

As the plugin is working with Raw data then if it doesn't work, it is the plugins fault not the TSWriter. This also makes debugging easier and version management simpler as we are updating 1 file and not many.

I'll keep you updated with my progress.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom