Skype plugin (3 Viewers)

galliano

Portal Pro
March 1, 2010
Hi,

I have installed Skype4MP, in Skype (API) I have allowed MediaPortal to access Skype, but all I get when I start Skype from Mediaportal is a black screen/no picture. Is this older plugin not compatible anymore with newer MP versions?

My Skype Version 4.1.0.179., MP Version 1.1.0 RC1

Ixreb

Portal Member
November 18, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
Can we consider dead this plugin? It is increasingly difficult to make it work, it doesn't work in many skins, it does not work fine on Streamed, now it doesn't work in the new version of MediaCenter...

It's sad, is a very very interesting plugin :(

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Well it's not dead, it's just on hold.

I'm still searching for a way to get skype-video into MP, as long as that is not possible I don't see any reason to update this plugin for the new MP 1.1.x ....

munklefish

Portal Pro
July 19, 2006
Frispy,

if you could achieve the video bit, then this would be a truly 'multimedia' experience that MP would benefit from.

Keep on trying...

Thanks!

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
As I stated earlier, capturing live video from Skype is only possible when Skype is visible...
so, on my dual monitor system with MP on screen 1 and Skype on screen 2 this works.

In order to get this working on a HTPC which usually doesn't have a dual monitor setup, I will need to add a second "virtual" monitor to display Skype on.
This can be done easily on a Windows7 system, just tried on my laptop and guess what... IT WORKS!!!
I will explain in detail how to do this when I have a first test version ready.

AGAIN: FOR THE MOMENT THIS IS WINDOWS 7 ONLY !!!
Can't test it on Xp or Vista.

So this means I will now continue adding video support and re-working the plugin to get it stable with MP 1.1.x.

As I'm still on a businesstrip till mid april, I can't spend as much time as I would want on this, but I will keep you guys (and girls) posted...

Cheers,
Fripsy

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just a thought to add to this plugin that would be beneficial in my situation. I use MP for everything except watching TV. So if I am watching TV, and I get a skype call, I would not know about it becasue I am not using the input from the HTPC. is it possible to add an option that when receiving a call, the PC speaker could be "rang" or "Beeped" like a telephone would do. then I can switch over to the HTPC real quick and get my skype call.

don't know if this is possible or not, but it would be helpful in my situation.

thanks

fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Hi mlburgoon,

I've started to do a complete re-write of the plugin, I will see if I can add this as an option in the config.

All other ideas are welcome!

Fripsy

PS. I'm currently redesigning the skin-files for Blue3-wide, I would really like to have Skype integrated in the new (still Beta) Infinity skin which looks super great.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sweet. Thanks a lot frispy!!! I don't know if it is possible to do this or not either. But I am hoping.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Skype plugin

looking forward to get the livingroom skype experience ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom