fripsy

Portal Pro
December 11, 2008
Grasse
Home Country
France France
Options I will try to add (for now):

- ring PC speaker (option in config)
- switch audio between MP and windows (to be able to use Skype and watching live tv or to have a private conversation)
- receiving skype video in MP (did only test it on Windows7 for now)

Question:

I don't use chat nor sms, so I intend to let these out, unless there is enough demand.

Cheers,
Fripsy

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Skype plugin

for me personally, videoconversation is what I would thinnk is great to use.

My usecase would be:

Having a cam at the TV and a blutoothadapter to give me the ability to use a headset (like I use for mobile) when getting a call - see my friends on TV and viceversa. So audio should be selectable for Skype to choose between TV speakers and BT-headset?

Chat and SMS is not so important for me - why should I write messages with remote when I can talk? ;-)

Ixreb

Portal Member
    November 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ooooh fripsy, you made me happy :eek:. This plugin is very interesting, it's great being able to call friends in the comfortable living room. If you can integrate video in skype you will be pioneering (albeit only in W7), nobody has succeeded so far. Greetings, I'm anxious to see your work! :D

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm hoping to get a first test version ready by next weekend, kinda Easter-present ;)

I am currently concentrating on video first.
    To be able to use video, you have to create a second (virtual=invisible) screen.
    This can be done very easily on Win7, it should be possible on Vista and XP also but since I'm on a businesstrip I only have my Win7 laptop so I can't try Vista or XP.

Ideas to be implemented if possible:
    - receiving video in window and fullscreen
    - Skype video in PIP (Picture In Picture) in live TV -> audio via headset
    - incomming call beeps PC speaker
    - audio switch MP/headset
    - compatibility Win7 (Program Files <-> ProgramData skin problems)

Please post your ideas and problems here.

Fripsy.

:cool:

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    let me know. I will be happy to test it out. I am on win7, so i could test the video part of it easy.

les86

April 2, 2010
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    i am ready to test it. That`s will be great work - "call on couch" - very nice!

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, I don't know if I can provide a test version this week as I'm on the road a lot now...

I'm still strugling with 1 major problem not related to Skype but to MP.
    I want this plugin to be as stable as possible, so I want to create a GUIControl just for this plugin, but I'm stuck...

If anyone knows how to create a custom control for MP, please let me know, as this is holding up the project.

I'm changing the configuration screen for this plugin so that on the "Video"-tab you can test if your pc is able to use video with Skype. This depends on your videocard, nothing I can do there...

Keep you updated on when to expect a first test version...

Fripsy.

andemg

Portal Member
    March 11, 2008
    fripsy, what you are doing is just amazin.. wish you all the best with the video and all... I will be very anxious to try out the plugin once you say its ready... good luck and a huge thanks from the community mate... :) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom