Skype plugin (2 Viewers)

Xenu

Portal Member
May 22, 2008
Home Country
England England
Is development on this plugin dead ?

Doesnt seem to be going anywhere and doesnt work with the new skype at all.

If the project is dead, would the author be kind enough to post source code ?

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Does the new version of Skype add any features which would allow better integration? I use Skype all the time and its a pain having to close Mediaportal to view the webcams.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
*Bump* No-one else using Skype? I use it a hell of a lot and if it was integrated somehow with MP that would be grand!

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Yes, many of us use Skype....but this plug-in's development stopped a long time ago. When it was still working, it still had very basic functionality and I think was therefor not very popular....

Regards
    GeoV

nuggie

Portal Member
    June 12, 2009
    I'm developing a skype plugin for my bachelor thesis. Maybe i can release this, after my work is done in a month or two. Have to ask my tutor, if this will be ok.

Functionality: Simple calls (with hold and other basic functions of skype) with Skype-out and conference-calls - no text-messaging planned for the "first release".

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I don't know about the rest but for me, having this feature again would be very welcome.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yep, keep it simple. Just a list of online contacts and the possibility to do video calls ... that would be just great.

nuggie

Portal Member
    June 12, 2009
    Videocalls wouldn't be possible for the first release.
    Skype gives the developers no possibility in their API to grab the videosignal ...
    Many developers working with the skype API longing for this, as you can see here for example:

After my thesis and the first release i will give some "hacks" a try (like video capturing).

I also wanted this feature for my thesis, but the restrictions of the api for videocalls are really really great :(

I can implement a button to start/stop sending your own webcam signal, but as I already said: there is no simple possibility to access the videosignal via the skype-API.
    Would this button suffice, for the first release?

Bobb25

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2006
    Durban
    Home Country
    Videocalls wouldn't be possible for the first release.
    Skype gives the developers no possibility in their API to grab the videosignal ...
    Many developers working with the skype API longing for this, as you can see here for example:

After my thesis and the first release i will give some "hacks" a try (like video capturing).

I also wanted this feature for my thesis, but the restrictions of the api for videocalls are really really great :(

I can implement a button to start/stop sending your own webcam signal, but as I already said: there is no simple possibility to access the videosignal via the skype-API.
    Would this button suffice, for the first release?

That would be great. At least i will be able to take calls and make calls without having to shutdown Mediaportal! Video would be a nice addition, but i understand there are severe restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom