skywalker-1 tuner scan all dish channel get unknown name (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Also, the channel movement detection seems not working on charlie. On mp 1.3, I will still get duplicated channel even the option is on when I scan the same satelite 2nd time .....
    You can ignore the channel movement discussion. It is technical talk which may be related to the cause of the missing names, but enabling/disabling it won't help you solve the problem.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've looked at the TS dump and I confirm that only SDT other info is present. We'd need to roll back that change to fix this problem.
    @Owlsroost were you able to confirm that the "movement" option is able to prevent creation of dupes from Freeview?

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've looked at the TS dump and I confirm that only SDT other info is present. We'd need to roll back that change to fix this problem.
    @Owlsroost were you able to confirm that the "movement" option is able to prevent creation of dupes from Freeview?
    Oh well....Based on your post, it looks like MP1.5 is not an option for channel scanning Dish Network satellites. I did all my scans in 1.3, and imported the data into 1.5. It seems to work OK doing that, but its not a convenient solution. Can a patch be made to the TVserver in MP1.5 to fix this?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Sorry, no - it's been a busy week, and I'm now away on vacation until 26th Sept.

I don't really understand why a mux has only 'other' SDT data - it seems non-compliant ? i.e. it carries data for other muxes but not for itself ?

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country

Sorry, no - it's been a busy week, and I'm now away on vacation until 26th Sept.

I don't really understand why a mux has only 'other' SDT data - it seems non-compliant ? i.e. it carries data for other muxes but not for itself ?

FWIW, this particular provider is very much non-compliant when it comes to how the EPG/ DVB-SI data is presented...it will likely require a customized EPG/ channel information parsing routine to be added to MP specifically for this provider. I do not have knowledge to give the explicit details of what exactly are the areas that the EPG data is non compliant; however, you may be able to obtain that information over in some of the old threads over at Happysat's DVBN site ( hxxp://dvbn.happysat.org/index.php?sid=2bc4d7d1f923136891ddf8b98be3f5bb). If you need additional TS dumps for either of the provider's satellites, just let me know which birds and I will be happy to provide them to you!

Last edited:

liewfr

Portal Member
    April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Regarding the EPG data, I am able to make it work on MP. There is no need a customized epg pasing. Just make the epg graper grap all the info from channel 200 and it will automatically fill up all the sat epg. Beside the channel unknown name problem on 1.4 and 1.5, I do not see any further problem at all on this particular provider on MP.

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Regarding the EPG data, I am able to make it work on MP. There is no need a customized epg pasing. Just make the epg graper grap all the info from channel 200 and it will automatically fill up all the sat epg.
    You are correct that you can grab the data, but this can only be done if you manually add the correct TID/NID information via editing the sql database...please correct me if I am wrong here! At least back in 1.2, this is what I had to do, and it is what I did with my latest foray with MP. The correct information IS included in the stream; however, because it is so non-compliant, it will require a customized routine to correctly identify the appropriate NID/TID for a particular SID. This is why I think the custom EPG parsing routine would also be nice! It would eliminate a very time-consuming step for people to have to manually add the TID/NID info to each channel.

Please correct me if I am wrong about having to do this in MP versions AFTER 1.2.2!

liewfr

Portal Member
    April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Regarding the EPG data, I am able to make it work on MP. There is no need a customized epg pasing. Just make the epg graper grap all the info from channel 200 and it will automatically fill up all the sat epg.
    You are correct that you can grab the data, but this can only be done if you manually add the correct TID/NID information via editing the sql database...please correct me if I am wrong here! At least back in 1.2, this is what I had to do, and it is what I did with my latest foray with MP. The correct information IS included in the stream; however, because it is so non-compliant, it will require a customized routine to correctly identify the appropriate NID/TID for a particular SID. This is why I think the custom EPG parsing routine would also be nice! It would eliminate a very time-consuming step for people to have to manually add the TID/NID info to each channel.

Please correct me if I am wrong about having to do this in MP versions AFTER 1.2.2!

I do not need to do this at all. All I did is change the sdt/vct to 150 to make sure all the correct tid/nid will be correctly grap during scan. If you leave it to the default value, after scan, you will only get 60% of the epg filled because 40% of the channel will get wrong tid/nid. Of course, this is base on mp 1.3. I did not mess with db at all for the epg to 99% work ....

wderbi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    WOW! This is great news as it is a definite improvement over MP1.2. It took me quite a while to make the appropriate database edits with the correct TID/NID info for each channel. Thankfully I made a copy of the database query that I included with the guide I wrote for converting a CW4000 to an HTPC running Mediaportal a couple of years ago...I know it save a lot of folks a lot of time!

I am glad to hear it is no longer an issue in MP1.3...I assumed it was and did the edits without even checking!

BTW, are you successful in grabbing EPG if you are pointed at Bell Expressview and Dishnetwork simultaneously? I can get one or the other, but not successful at getting both together. I am sure its a simple thing that I am overlooking though...

Last edited:

liewfr

Portal Member
    April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    You are mondos ?? I am a Cw4000hd owner too and I did use your conversion guide .... Thank for your input !! I do not try to get bell at all. For me, dish program is away good enough for my wife .... you know .. for a nfps user ....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom