SleepControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
SleepControl plugin for Mediaportal v0.4.0

Hi Loewenpower,
Skin support for this plugin was introduced with BlackGlass skin version 1.5.0, please download and install the newest version of this skin from here. Please ensure, that these skin files will not be overwritten with the generic skin files from the installation package.
Hope that helps, for more questions you can ping me tomorrow.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.0

Dear community,
this plugin was updated to version v0.5.0, the requested Quick Activation Mode is now supported. For more informations, please take a look into the attached manual.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.1

Hi MediaPortal Community,
this plugin was updated to version 0.5.1, the requested autostart functionality is now part of this release.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.5

Dear MediaPortal Community,
similar to this discussion, I've merged the functionalities of PowerControl into this plugin.
If you want to use only the one-button-solution for hibernate/standby/shutdown mode, please use PowerControl instead.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: SleepControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.5

Couple of questions....

How does this work with TVServer? Normally PowerScheduler is needed to get the machine to wake for recordings ? How does this work with this plugin? PowerScheduler will not allow sleep if a recording is about to start, does this plugin allow for that?

Next what does the autostart option actually do? Does this just start the timer as soon as MP starts ?

How does this integrate with Windows power management? Do the timers get reset on user action or something?

If I wanted the machine to go to sleep 10 minutes after I do anything what do I need to set? Is this just one timer set to 10 minutes and tick the enable task control and the two options under it?

Does this only support Vista/Win7 power management or will this work on XP as well?

Thanks

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi jameson_uk,
    some small answers to your question:

• TVServer: If you switch on the task control option, SleepControl wait until a recording is finished and started after this automatically. You can override this by pressing a configured remote control or keyboard button.
    • Autostart option: This starts a configured timer automatically after MediaPortal was started. This can be used e.g. to restart you HTPC every 24 hours.
    • Windows Power Management: If a timer was started, this plugin does not check for user interactions, you must manually stop the timer. (I hope, I understand this correctly. If not, please explain this again, thx).
    • Sleep 10 minutes: If you want to start an action after 10 minutes, you must define a timer in the configuration dialog. If you open the SleepControl window later, press button "Select Timer", select this and start it using the button "Start Timer". Alternatively you can map a remote or keyboard button for this.
    • Vista/Win7: I don't know exactly what you mean. This plugin use normal API functions, it must be work on all (supported) versions of Windows.

For more informations, please post again or consult the manual.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks for the quick response, I think I may have missed the point of this plugin then :confused: Is this meant to control when the machine is on or is it so you can set a timer to put the machine to sleep (like a sleep timer on a normal TV)

[*]TVServer: If you switch on the task control option, SleepControl wait until a recording is finished and started after this automatically. You can override this by pressing a configured remote control or keyboard button.
    So what about waking up the machine for an upcoming recording? PowerScheduler does this as a TVServer plugin but I am guessing the two plugins will conflict.

[*]Vista/Win7: I don't know exactly what you mean. This plugin use normal API functions, it must be work on all (supported) versions of Windows.
    Win32 Power API has changed lots between XP and Vista (particularly stopping a machine going into standby)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

jameson_uk said:
    Is this meant to control when the machine is on or is it so you can set a timer to put the machine to sleep (like a sleep timer on a normal TV)

The machine must be switched on and you can set a timer to initiate the standby, hibernate or shutdown mode.

jameson_uk said:
    So what about waking up the machine for an upcoming recording? PowerScheduler does this as a TVServer plugin but I am guessing the two plugins will conflict.

This plugin does not have the ability to wakeup a machine, so you must use PowerScheduler to wake up a machine automatically. If you would manually wake up a machine, the upcoming version of HTPCInfo can do this.

jameson_uk said:
    Win32 Power API has changed lots between XP and Vista (particularly stopping a machine going into standby)

This version was tested with XP, Vista and Win7 32bit and I'm not able to identified any problems or restrictions.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Just been reading this thread a bit and could not yet find if this plug is supporting to enable the timer by pressing a remote button (say remote yellow button)
    the my sleeptimer plug is able to do so and since that's the only functionality i need i have sticked with that for now. But i'd gladly switch to this one if it can do it too.
    To clarify a bit; pressing the remote button multiple times will increment the timer by x defined amount, just like most tv's do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom