[confirm] Slow channel changing... sometimes freeze (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi jestermgee

It looks to me like ABC is constantly broadcasting 2 PMTs for that channel. MP is being forced to change between AC3 and MPEG audio basically once per second. Not good. Please provide us with a TS dump - maximum 300 MB. Instructions for that are -->here<--.

mm

[Edit: in fact, before you do that. Are you still using the patch from -->here<--? If so, please restore your system to the default state and post fresh logs.]

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    I tried with both...

I was running the Beta version last night and was having issues that were reported in that thread. I had everything setup as I have now and when I used the Core.dll and tsreader patch from that thread on the beta the issues all seemed fixed.

I completely uninstalled everything and installed the 1.2.0RC and setup to use the same codecs (posted in the image). I get the issue when switching between ABC News 24 and a channel or GEM and a channel.

I just uninstalled everything again and re tested with the same result. Logs attached.

IF I launch MP and go directly to ABC24, its's perfect, no issue. Same if I go direct to another channel. Switching between most channels is fine, just switching to and from both ABC and GEM causes the lockup.

BTW, i'm on a multi-seat installation

Attachments

• tv codec settings.JPG
      tv codec settings.JPG
      68.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right - please upload a dump of the transponder with ABC 24 on it then.

Cheers,
    mm

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Holstebro
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried with both...

I was running the Beta version last night and was having issues that were reported in that thread. I had everything setup as I have now and when I used the Core.dll and tsreader patch from that thread on the beta the issues all seemed fixed.

I completely uninstalled everything and installed the 1.2.0RC and setup to use the same codecs (posted in the image). I get the issue when switching between ABC News 24 and a channel or GEM and a channel.

I just uninstalled everything again and re tested with the same result. Logs attached.

IF I launch MP and go directly to ABC24, its's perfect, no issue. Same if I go direct to another channel. Switching between most channels is fine, just switching to and from both ABC and GEM causes the lockup.

I had the exact same problem here in Denmark when I was on XP sp3.. After I changed to win 7 and used microsoft DTV-DVD codecs it all works fine. The problem was when I changed between a MPEG2 and a MPEG4/h264/aac channel. But if I use other than microsoft DTV-DVD codec I still get the freeze on win7 when changing between MPEG2 and MPEG4 channels.

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    I have a TS dump but going to address: 188.40.65.249

Just takes me to the wiki home page.

I tried with both...

I had the exact same problem here in Denmark when I was on XP sp3.. After I changed to win 7 and used microsoft DTV-DVD codecs it all works fine. The problem was when I changed between a MPEG2 and a MPEG4/h264/aac channel. But if I use other than microsoft DTV-DVD codec I still get the freeze on win7 when changing between MPEG2 and MPEG4 channels.

I suspect it's ffdshow audio decoder. I have used combinations of MPA and ffdshow video decoder and I have had more success but other issues occur using the MPA codecs. The ffdshow looks much better but seem to have this issue.

Not about to upgrade 4 HTPC machines to win7 to fix the issue though.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have a TS dump but going to address: 188.40.65.249

Just takes me to the wiki home page.
    This is an FTP server, not an HTTP server. You need an FTP client like Filezilla to connect and upload.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again jestermgee

Thanks for doing that. I've attempted to play back the file here but I have zero problems with it. I tried with various codec combinations, including:

- FFDShow video + FFDShow audio
    - MPC video + MPC audio
    - FFDShow video + MPC audio
    - MPC video + FFDShow audio
    - Cyberlink PDVD 10 video + AC3Filter audio

I experienced minor sync issues once with FFDShow video + MPC audio but I'm pretty sure that was down to the way I'm playing the file. Aside from that, zero issues with viewing or changing channels. I did observe that "ABC 1" had two distict PMTs, but it appears to be two different services so that is fine - we can handle that.

I guess my test environment could be eliminating the issues that you see, but I think it is somewhat unlikely. Just to give you some idea, I used a tuner simulator which continually loops the sample. I can scan for the channels to add them, then switch between them as necessary. It would be difficult for me to test any other way...

mm

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    I "think" I have this issue resolved (don't want to jinx it)

I removed both ABC24 and GEM from the channel lineup on my server and rescanned channels. It found them again and I then restarted the server as well.

I can now switch between channels fine using the LAV codecs installed with the SAF codec pack and mostly with ffdshow but I had one lockup when switching from ABC24 to ABC1 but switching to another channel after this worked and all seemed ok.

Seems a little weird and at the moment this is all on my DEV machine so it's pretty clean as far as codecs and so on go. I only have the SAF codecs installed and have minimal other softwares.

Gotta go off to work but will continue testing tonight.

Thanks heaps for your assistance though. Much appreciated.

:D

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    Nope, must have jinxed it... Didn't fix shit.

Same issue still. Changing channels causes a lockup.

No idea what the hell is going on!

It seems its the same bug that was reported in the Beta which was fixed when using the skip back\fwd buttons to play from the timeshift buffer. It seems to work sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom