sluggishness of MP0.7.1 when in network (1 Viewer)

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
Thank fforde for the latest version. Everything works fine, HDDVD and Bluray works perfectly as I wanted, the only thing that concerns me is it's extremely slow (about 5 minutes) to fire up media portal when all the computers in network are on (I have movie folders in 2 computers). I tried to install back the older version (0.7.1.494-alpha), and the sluggishness is gone.

I'm running MP SVN build 21688

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Startup time on first launch of MediaPortal when you first upgrade to 0.7.1 will take a bit longer because it is rebuilding your sorting meta-data. This is a one time thing though and subsequent startups should be much faster. If you consistently have a slow startup time, let me know and we will investigate.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm experiencing slow startup times too. Especially on the 'Inizitalizing input devices' part. Booting sometimes takes up to 2 minutes.
Is it possible for you to help me too?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
The initializing input devices section has nothing to do with Moving Pictures. Sorry. The only delay that Moving Pictures might be responsible for would be when it says initializing plug-ins (or something like that). But like I said the longer delay should only occur when launching for the first time after upgrading to 0.7.1.

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
well, it happens every time media portal starts, and when I replaced the older version of MediaPortal (0.7.1a) the problem is gone. So it must have been a bug with the latest version

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Okay well there is an easy way to check. Make sure you have debug logging on, reproduce the issue, then post your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files. I will take a look and should be able to pinpoint whats causing the slow down.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The initializing input devices section has nothing to do with Moving Pictures. Sorry. The only delay that Moving Pictures might be responsible for would be when it says initializing plug-ins (or something like that). But like I said the longer delay should only occur when launching for the first time after upgrading to 0.7.1.

No worries mate, still thank you :)
Maybe you can point me to someone else?

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
Okay well there is an easy way to check. Make sure you have debug logging on, reproduce the issue, then post your movingpictures.log and mediaportal.log files. I will take a look and should be able to pinpoint whats causing the slow down.

Will do. A quick question how do I know that I have debug logging on? and where do the log files locate?

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
In the start menu --> all programs part there is a seperate Team Mediaportal item. There is a shortcut for starting MP in Debug mode. If you do that, reproduce the problem and exit out it automatically creates a logfile for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom