So installed moving picture but doesnt seem mediaportal does something with it ? (1 Viewer)

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
March 26, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello all,

I installed Mediaportal yesterday, coming from XBMC i wanted to try something else because it wouldnt list 25% of my movies with scraping or wouldnt even show them at all.

Mediaportal did te same in a way, it did show all the files but it found only 1 movie of the 100 with fanart. So i am trying this Moving picture, really nice that i can edit stuff from within a windows screen itself.

But i edit some movies and also some concerts i added manualy the cover art. I thought i was ready to go and started media portal. But then nothing actually changed ? Try to scan the folder with the concerts and movies within but still nothing happend. When i try to go to plugins and select moving picture i get a fault message, and i see in the back that its trying to find the XML file maybe?

Do i have to manualy make this file ? Is that the only way this works, opening the plugin within mediaportal so it will show my movies and concerts with fan art ? Was hoping i could make a seperate movie and concerts area. Would have worked nice if it would just add the stuff i made in Moving picture automaticly in the library mediaportal uses now (the folders i selected)

Thanks in advance !

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
March 26, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

I have configured Moving pictures, it scanned for all my movies and concerts. I have manually changed some and most of the concerts i changed manually by adding the cover art with movie editor. That all worked. Everything was nice and like the way i would see it.

But then i started mediaportal whent to movies and i can select my 4 folders there with the movies in it. But the movies are listed but there is no fan art or anything visible i only see the blank folder icon's.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah, okay. When you say you went to MediaPortal and went to Movies, did you definitely go to the MyMovies plug-in and not the inbuilt videos section?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Which skin are you using ? would be easier if you provided screenshots.

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes thats what i meant to ask, i thought mediaportal internal movies where then updated to the moving pictures info sort of said.

But yeah thats what i thought was doing the trick, but it doesnt work like that i see now. When i go to plugins and then moving pictures it comes with an error message. Oh wait. I changed the skin from media portal to the other one and i was opening the program to see the fault message and now it shows all the movies ???

Thats weird but now it works haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1395844753][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Which skin are you using ? would be easier if you provided screenshots.

I think this did the trick ! i already activated the other skin Default Wide and i wanted to check the error message now and it listed all my movies !

Great ! now i will add genre to my concerts so i can only have a list with my concerts

If it plays them all without a problem i am a happy camper !

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    If you were using titan before you probably didn't have titan extended installed.

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes the original titan was used before. So i need Titan extender for it to work with this skin ?

PS. If media portal would integrate this plugin it would make it so much better, i mean so i can get the same cover art and such if would browse files trough media portal itself ? Mediaportal itself only found 1 (Gravity) movie in my folders for cover art and such ? This one does it with ease ?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Titan extended adds the support for 3rd party plugins etc.
    A lot of people use both for different things so movingpictures won't get integrated any time soon.

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, its doing something much better than mediaportal tho, it doesnt find any movie fan art or covers at all. I have 2 scanners enabled if i am correct.

But with this plugin it works. Thanks for the support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom