So installed moving picture but doesnt seem mediaportal does something with it ? (1 Viewer)

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
March 26, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sorry if its the wrong area to ask this but,

Is it possible to get certain genres active with this titan extended ? i am trying to add a video section with a certain filter of movies but when i add it to the right where it would show in the start screen. When i select it this field is blank again ? To bad i cant select for instance Movies, Concerts, Festivals and such and then designate certain genre's to that button.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Regarding your import auto-approve success rate, IMDb+ improves detection rate. Cryptic acronym filenames will never import correct, unless an NFO file is used with IMDb tt-ID reference.

Direct access to custom categories from within MediaPortal is possible if you manually adjust the skin files, but an easier way is being worked on. What you should just focus on for right now is to start Moving-Pictures with categories, and then make your own aside from the standard ones.

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i think i know what you mean,

Its okey for me to actually select moving-pictures and then go to Genre en select my so called Music dvd, but it would be very nice to be able to edit that to the start screen indeed.

But when i go into the moving-pictures plugin i dont really have options to change anything ? I think what you mean is that i can change stuff there in the list that is prompted. But i just see the standard list of recently watched etc. If there would be an option for me directly make shortcuts to Music dvd', Festival dvd that would make it one step les to take trough the plugin indeed.

I am trying to make this somewhat easy for my girlfriend :)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Set your own categories in the configuration tool for plugin in mediaportal config

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its okey for me to actually select moving-pictures and then go to Genre en select my so called Music dvd, but it would be very nice to be able to edit that to the start screen indeed.
    You actually can do this, atleast for titan. There is a Titan Editor. In the editor you select movingpictures from the list on the left and then you can choose to which categorie you want to link in the middle.

The different categories can be edited in the movingpictures plugin config (as @wizard123 said) outside of mp.

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes thats that i did. But like i said when i then select the moving-pictures on the right list the Genre pull down menu is empty again. So the Genre i selected for it is not active anymore or at least it does not show.

For instance i wanted 3 different Genre for the start screen so i remove music , programs and another one but when i then want to add 3 different Genres they would all be named moving-pictures right ? Was hoping i could after i added moving-pictures to the right side of the plugin screen where it lists with movie , settings etc i could alter the name of it but i believe thats not possible ?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    There are different ways of achieving what (I think) you want. One way is to edit the Titan skin so that you have menus coming off of the one 'Moving Pictures' thumbnail. The way I use is to have one Moving Pictures thumbnail, which I have renamed to just say 'Films' and then that opens into a category list.
    I have attached some screen grabs so you know what I mean.

Capture.JPG Capture 1.JPG

Last edited:

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thats about exactly what i would like to have indeed. But i cant seem to rename that MovingPictures button on the home screen.

When i now enter this section i have the original options, then i have to press Genre and then search for music dvd's then i am where i want to be. How can i add stuff in that first screen that pops up when i press Movingpictures ? That would be perfect so i can add Movies, Cartoon, Music Dvd, Festival Dvd and maybe remove some of the ones that are originaly there ?

(Btw the support here is great !)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Do these screen grabs from the Moving Pictures configuration tool help? Let me know if you need more info.

Capture.JPG Capture 1.JPG

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This looks sweet !

But i think i need to get some glasses because how can i get into the Menu Editor screen ? Cant see button on the first picture that says anything about menu editor ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom