So installed moving picture but doesnt seem mediaportal does something with it ? (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In movie manager then top left

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Actually I'm not too sure what you mean by the 'menu editor screen' but hopefully wizard123 has answered you.

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried the way wizard123 told me but then i only edit the listings of that part of the Movie Manager within the Configurator.

What i meant was how i can get that screen Menu editor.

I now did GUI editor > Define Movie Categories this wil bring that same menu editor up but now for the screen within media portal !

I am a happy camper this is very nice and for me perfect i can highly customize the next screen when i press moving pictures.
    Only i try to edit the Plug-in name on home screen but i enter a different name but when i start mediaportal it still is Movingpictures instead of the name i gave in that screen (GUI editor)

Now if i can get the DTS True HD audio to work its much much much more better than XBMC for me !

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Strange. Sounds like some of the changes that you are making within the Moving Pictures configurator are not being saved, you need to click OK, maybe twice depending on how you got into the configurator. Try a reboot maybe?

If it's still not happening some screengrabs to show what you mean would help us to help you ;)

DTS HD audio should be pretty simple to set up, if your hardware supports it, just use LAV Audio to bitstream to your amp.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Ha, I just realised what you meant by the 'Menu Editor Screen' :whistle:

You have probably found it now, but you click on 'define movie categories' which is shown in the first screen grab!

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thats the thing there is no OK button in the moving pictures configurator :)

It does not bother me that much i was only going to call it something like Portal.

I read something about saf5.0 for dts true hd audio? My hardware is up to it because with TMT6 imy receiver switches to this audio. I was also suprised mediaportal plays blurays with menu from itself! Xbmc doesnt do this right?

But i have done nothing extra yet for the audio besixes installing this saf5.0 havent checked the difference yet tho.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm using LAV filter just fine for DTS-MA 7.1 audio, but it is not passed through as-is by default.

Within Windows, open the LAV audio configuration and verify that all the checkboxes are enabled to pass through the signal to your receiver that can process it.

Also be sure to verify you got the latest LAV filter codec versions, as the MPEI version seems to lag a bit lately and some important bugs got fixed.

LAV v0.61.1 is the current one -- https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

PS: Also verify for sure "DXVA2 (Native)" is enabled for LAV video codec settings.

And now that you have custom categories defined within Moving-Pictures, you can use the Titan editor to add a menu to the Titan screen to directly launch into one of those categories. Not sure if the submenu within MediaPortal GUI works on Titan Extended single row though, I have only seen screenshots on the 2 row setup with categories shown, but you can always edit the skin to have multiple launch buttons, each going directly to the pre-configured category. In the end I personally prefer to just launch into Moving-Pictures first and then have all the categories listed, which is a combination of the default dynamic ones and a complete menu hiarchy of my custom ones.

PS: Adding the dynamic 'collections' category can be very useful as well if your scraper-script has support for it, such as TMDb or IMDb+. Then it is even possible to get additional entries. For example with IMDb+ I have added "IMDb Top 250" and other collections that are automatically updated. Am working on a "Movies featuring Robots" one next.

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thats a great idea, and thats how i originaly was thinking of how i would wanted it. Tho i have been busy first now to get my custom catagories/genres within the Moving-pictures screen.

Next step for me is then to remove all of the original buttons in the starting screen of MP itself en replace them with direct shortcuts to my custom categories/genres.

So this should be possible within the titan editor? i am using the 2 row at the moment. I'll have to play around with that some more.
    Thanks for the info on LAV, i will have to check how i can open this program/configurator to check if all the boxes are checked.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country

PaRaN0iDnl

Portal Member
    March 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes things are coming together the way i would like it and its really nice !

But taking a quick look at the thread i read something about installing Arcsoft TMT 5 trial version and getting a DLL file from it for DTS - HD audio to work ? Is this stil the way to do it ? Because i see a screenshot there also that suggesting to UN-tick the boxes for HDMI passtrough ?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/audio-lav-1-gif.133680/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom