Software based TVcard owners wanted!!!! please test. (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Guys, I have the PinnaclePCTVpro capture card. It WORKS WITH WDM and Dscaler! Here is the process:

1. Download WDM drivers for your card.
for BT8x8 chips, the BTwincap drivers are excellent: http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/

2. Next, to fix the Dscaler specific driver problem (....your machine will hang if you try to use Dscaler with WDM drivers!!...) you need to install the BTwincap Switcher from http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/btwincap.html
This will switch driver access between Dscaler and Direct Show, Dscaler for capture and DirectShow WDM for display on TV/Monitor.

Guys, I have used loads of HTPC apps, including:
GB-PVR
gotTV
gotTVPVR
ShowShifter
SnapStream
openHTPC
myHTPC (Meedio - booooh commercial sticky fingers all over it now)
and
MEDIA PORTAL

MEDIA PORTAL ROCKS!!! My 5 year old daughter loves it, my gran can use it, and I can tinker and play with settings too. Its a one-size-fits all. No need for anything else.

...but PLEASE...lets have a TV module for SW capture cards....I'm drooling at the mouth at the thought.

SW capture cards WILL work with WDM, BTwincap and BTwincapswitch - for BT8x8/Conexant chipsets , which are extremely common amongst SW capture cards!!

COME ON!!!

A

Anonymous

HDTV?

I have a FusionIII Gold HDTV Card which is software based. Do you think this will work with it?

If it CAN, then we can begin to a huge influx of ex-MyHTPC users to switch to MediaPortal.

A

Anonymous

Re: HDTV?

abubo said:
I have a FusionIII Gold HDTV Card which is software based. Do you think this will work with it?

If it CAN, then we can begin to a huge influx of ex-MyHTPC users to switch to MediaPortal.

If you have the hardware, we have the software [pun intended], download the TVTest V2 and give it a try. You are the best one to try this out as the dev's could use your feedback, and they do not always have a range of cards to develop with. Please post your results here.
Thanks.

A

Anonymous

ixMicro TurboTV (made for a mac !) in my XP box and works flawlessly with dscaler.

i have tried getting it to work with the btwincap drivers but cannot get it to tune within MP but i can launch DScaler, tune to desired channel, quit DScaler and launch MP and it works for viewing.

haven't exhausted all possiblilities in the vast amount of tuner options in the btwincap drivers tho (http://btwincap.sourceforge.net)

A

Anonymous

LarryGB,

I have a Fusion III Gold QAM card but was confused by the TVTest v2 comment. Is this part of DScaler or some Media Portal test build? I will probably give these a whirl tonight but thought I would get some clarification first.

A

Anonymous

Hi Shane,

Shane said:
LarryGB,

I have a Fusion III Gold QAM card but was confused by the TVTest v2 comment. Is this part of DScaler or some Media Portal test build? I will probably give these a whirl tonight but thought I would get some clarification first.

This was a test, awhile ago, to determine the feasibility of using MP for Software Encoding cards, ie a card the produces baseband signals {Audio/Video], and then requires additonal software to encode that into a MPG/AVI file for timeshifting and recording. Time consuming for clock cycles, and also impacted smooth playback of recordings.
The focus up till then was to utilize the Hardware Encoding Cards like the Hauppauge PVR250/350, as DirectX had good support for it.
That test is basically over, and the new versions of MP will be handling both Soft/Hard encoding cards when the final release hits the users...
If you have problems getting your card to work, come to efnet and get Frodo's help in solving its issues..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom