[SOLVED] an external plugin or skin passed moving pictures an invalid parameter (1 Viewer)

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

Many thank to the designers for such a nice and user friendly skin.

I've unfortunately stumbled across a problem and, despite some googling, found no solution so far.

I'm using streamedMP v1.7.8.3202
    Mediaportal 1.2.3.0
    Movingpictures 1.5.1.1487 (had the same problem with previous versions)

In movingpictures I created two new categories, one for 'films' and one for 'cartoons'.

I added two movingpictures entries in the streamedMP menu editor and choose my two categories in the parameters drop down.

When I launch mediaportal, the 'cartoons' movingpictures entry is the default item. If I press 'enter' to activate it, I got the following message: "an external plugin or skin passed moving pictures an invalid parameter".

If instead of pressing 'enter' I use the left arrow to navigate to another menu entry then directly use the right arrow to go back to the 'cartoon' entry AND then press 'enter', it works without any problem.

If I set the 'films' entry as default, the same happens ('enter' gives the error popup and left, then right followed by 'enter' works)

This kind of feature seems quite mainstream so it's probably something I do wrong...

Help please :)

Josh

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    lol, havent had time to check it out. I definitely didnt experience an issue before, I assume its only happening for you on the main menu entries? Sub-Menus are okay?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just did a quick test with 3 main menu items pointing to Nothing, All Movies and Recently Added Movies. They worked as expected. Please try those two first to see if they work for you. It may have something to do with custom defined categories or could of just been a temporary hickup, in that case you need to delete the entries and create them again.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you get no joy with above you can try the following to reset all the categories
    Go into Moving Pictures Configuration, Delete all categories, Save Changes + Close MP Config.
    Restart MP Configuration, the default categories should be reset.

^ The above is from memory, based on a similar problem someone had with titan skin. Just in case my memory is bugged you should back up your existing movingpictures.db3 (database file) prior to doing this. You can find this file under Start -> All Programs -> Team Mediaportal -> Mediaportal -> User Files, Then look in database directory.

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for the suggestions.

First I tried using a movinpictures entry with no category at all (clicked clear in the menu editor) and it worked with the sub-menus.

Then I tried removing all categories then closing movingpictures and mediaportal config. Upon relaunching it all, the default categories were recreated. I then added my two custom categories. Then in streamedMP menu editor I removed the two movingpictures entries and recreated them (just in case). The result in mediaportal was the same as before (error popup).

I then changed the categories in streamedMP menu editor to be "all movies" and "recently added movies" instead of my custom ones. The problem was still the same in mediaportal.

To restate it (as it is maybe important), one of the movingpictures entry is the default menu item. If I hit "enter" once mediaportal has loaded I got the error popup. But if instead I hit "left arrow" to navigate to the next menu entry (which is my second custom category movingpictures entry) then this one works (and the category filter is good). If I then hit "esc" to go back to the menu, the default entry is selected again, if I hit "enter" I got the error popup.

If instead of hitting "enter" directly upon arrival in the "root" menu I hit "left arrow" then "right arrow" to return to the default menu entry, then it works.

To recreate the problem, it's important to use the keyboard only in mediaportal (as it would on an htpc with a remote). Because if I move the mouse before hitting enter, the menu quickly flickers into place and it has the same effect as "left arrow, right arrow", removing the problem

Looks like it's related to movinpictures with a custom category being the default menu item.

@kiwijunglist: I've seen that thread you speak of, and it concluded with no clear solution for the OP.
    Here is the thread.

As a last step, to be sure, I deleted the movingpictures db and imported my movies again (covers, fanarts and nfos are stored in the movies dirs so it's a quick process). Unfortunately the error remains.

Here is my basichome.xml. As far as I can tell the hyperlink argument matches the categories ID's in moving picture database. I've also attached a screen of SQL lite browser.

Just in case, my movingpictures scrapes data in french, so some of the default sub-categories are also in french (as you can see in the db screenshot).

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this :)

Josh

Attachments

• sqlite.jpg
      sqlite.jpg
      186.4 KB
    • BasicHome.xml
      141.9 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can see a potential problem in the XML, Im not sure how that happen to you but I will see if there is anything wrong with the code generator.

For some reason some of your menu items dont have the complete syntax for loading parameter e.g.

Code:
    <hyperlinkParameter>241</hyperlinkParameter>

instead of:

Code:
    <hyperlinkParameter>categoryid:241</hyperlinkParameter>

You can see the same for id:240 i.e. some of your menu items have it and some don't. The ones that dont are obviously the ones that are creating you grief. For now you can search n replace in code for the above.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do you mind also attaching your usermenuprofile.xml from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom