[SOLVED] Black screen when launching mediaportal after installation (1 Viewer)

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
November 30, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
The screenshoots looking great, so i decided to try this Skin, which was a realy bad idea.
So far i've used MP-TVSeries and MyFilms Plugin on MP 1.5 with the extrem Skin.
After installing StreamedMP my MP went from splashscreen to black screen after finishing loading instead of showing the menu.
It doesnt seems like MP crashed cause i could hear the clicking sound, when pressing a button on the remote control.
Ok i thougth well sad but lets switch bak to extrem skin, but same happend here splashscreen -> blackscreen nothing works anymore.
The only skin stil workes is the default wide skin.
Also there have been no errrors in the logfiles.
Even clearing the cache nor uninstalling the skin doesnt solve the problem.
I realy had to do a fully clean uninstall of MP 1.5, and the mysql database server, delete the database and reinstall everything from scratsh.

After that i did a clean new installation of MP 1.5 and the StreamedMP Skin (default options and config after installation) without any plugins or other skins installed but got the same result, after laoding and showing the splashscreen i got a black screen.

Realy sad....

Cheers
FALCON

Last edited by a moderator:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Have you tried rebooting @TRMxFALCON. Some people have experienced black screens before and its not limited to this skin it can happen on any.

You can try manually deleting the cache again and then restart computer.

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
    November 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hmm well i have deleted the cache but i didnt reboot, i will try again tomorrow, thanks for the hint, hope it will work then :)

EDIT: Tried it again today, now it works (after a reboot)

Thx :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom