Solved: Blu-Ray Handler - configuration issues (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    double check anydvd hd is working and bd is enabled for that disc..ive had problems in the past with the avatar disc

ELba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Solved: Blu-Ray Handler - configuration issues

I have the same problem. I can't see any files or file structure in MediaPortal.

I have also running AnyDVD (using Atmolight). Is there a solution?

ELba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Windows XP home, 32bit - some things like Update and Securitycenter are deactivated (with nlite). But only such programs. No changes in Registry or single files.

I also tested to rip a BluRay to HDD. I can see the file-structure in MP, but "can't open index.bdmv"

ELba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

yes, i added the extenion. I also can play the m2ts-file directly (even if the main file (40gb) is stuttering and the sound is bad - is that a codec-problem?). The small files can be played in MP without any problems.

What means: "register the codec on your system"? I installed the MPC-HC-program because the standalone-filter-archive (7z) doesn't work

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    It could be a codec issue. I use coreavc for HD. What codec are you using for audio? I had a stutter issue when I did not use MPC for HD audio and I also had to go with a much older video drvier version. What type of video card are you using? How much video RAM and system RAM? What video driver version are you using?

I have recently changed my video card from Nvidia fx560 to ATI HD5570 and am having no issues with HD.

ELba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i use the ati hd3450 with 512mb memory and had no problems in the past. The codecs for videos are:

mpeg2: MPC-mpg2 video decoder (Gabest)
    h.264: Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD9)
    mpeg/AC3 audio decoder: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
    AAC audio decoder: MONOGRAM AAC Decoder

What codec is used to show the m2ts-file? I tried the MPC-audio-decoder also as AC3-Decoder. Now i can't play the (big) mainfile. There's just an freeze-frame

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    Have you run MP in debug mode to see if you receive any errors? Also you can look at the graph once exiting the debug mode and it will show you which codec was used for both video and audio.

Also I download a program called mmview.exe that displays all the codec that were load on my server. In which I was able to disable most the ones that were are not required.

You mentioned that you had not had problems in the past, does that include HD video playback with bluray handler?

ELba

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2008
    BW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I try the BluRay-Handler for the first time.
    Today, i tested a few codecs... with the same result: a freeze-frame in the mainfile. The other files can be played without any problems. So i startet MP in debug-mode to search for errors. In the MP-Logs is NO error. The only thing i noticed: The problem-file is the only one including subtitles. Is it possible, that the subtitles are the reason for the problems?
    I deactivated the subtitle-engine (MPC) without any positive effect.

Another thing: if i insert a bluray, the declaration "DVD-RW-Laufwerk" changes in "CD-Laufwerk". If i try to open the disc i only see a blank folder. What do i have to change that i can see the file-structure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom