[Solved] Coverflow view editing? (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Itfearme,

Hope you don't mind me asking this question here.

I've been messing around with a little customisation of the coverflow view in myvideos. Nothing much just resizing the cards and trying to fix a minor issue where many of the movie covers don't fit the card size leaving quite a lot of the frame still visible. I've succeeded with this and am very happy with the results. All Idid was edit the coverflow section of the "common.facade.video.xml" file.

Anyway, this isn't why I'm posting. :). I liked the results of my changes and thought I'd try and do the same thing to the Moving Pictures coverflow view so I worked my way through the various xml files and found that the "movingpictures.default.facade.xml" file had the same coverflow values as the "common.facade.video.xml" file I'd successfully edited for myvideos. I then proceeded to edit this file with the same values I'd used previously however, no matter what I do to this file, the coverflow view in Moving Pictures doesn't seem to change.

I assume this means that I'm editing the wrong file and that these values are perhpas left over from a previous release. Either that or I'm missing something obvious (more than likely and I'm sorry if that's the case :oops:).

So, my question is, which file do I need to edit if I want to make small changes to the Moving Pictures cloverflow view (card size, mask, that kind of thing)?

Many thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb question. Also, we haven't spoken before so I should also say thank you so much for such a wonderful skin!!

All the best,

Mick.

Edit. Sorry, I should also add that I'm running the latest MediaPortal SVN, Moving Pictures 1.2.3.1329 and StreamedMP 1.7.1.2953

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Coverflow view editing?

Hi Wo0zy, movingpics has several facades (one for each mod). You will probably notice a few facade xmls for movingpics so you will need to know the one that corresponds to your chosen mod.

If you are unsure, let me know what settings you have chosen (default vs fanart), Thumbnail Mod: Default, 12x3, etc

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country

Hi Damien,

Thanks so much for the fast reply. As usual, you've nailed it in one :).

I was using "Fanart Style" and "Thumbnails: Default". I disabled "Fanart Style" in MP settings and my changes showed up immediately :).

I've started looking now but I don't suppose you could save me some time and tell me which file I need to edit to do the same thing with "Fanart Style" enabled :).

:D so much for the help.

Cheers,

Mick.

Edit "movingpictures.fanart.facade.xml" by any chance?:oops:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

The 'fanart' style with 'default' thumbs mod is: movingpictures.fanart.facade.xml

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country

Just found it (see edit). It makes perfect sense now you've pointed it out to me.

Sorry for being a bit thick there.:oops: and thanks again for putting me out of my misery :D.

Cheers,

Mick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom