[fixed] [SOLVED]Latest SVN - TVServer DB exceptions (1 Viewer)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Latest SVN - TVServer DB exceptions

Jay_UK:
    are you running ms sql 2008 express sp1?
    what i saw is that it can't work on ms sql, because it tries to delete columns which are needed for the index... so dropping is not possible -> column exists on -> tvserver can't save things to the db...

romuz:
    what do you mean... "now it should be the same"? you mean MS and mySQL databases are now the same?

i am kind of f#$%ed up in my brain.. lost 4h with these failures... :mad:

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Know how you feel...annoying things like this can really mess with ya mind! :(

From my little SQL knowledge, having an index that is not valid, just means it potentially affects performance (but the SQL should still execute), and again, not dropping a column should not stop SQL from executing.

Anyway.. main thing is that you have fixed it :D

Yep..I'm running MS SQL 2008 express

J.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [SOLVED]Latest SVN - TVServer DB exceptions

did you do a clean install of the svn or an upgrade? i saw the upgrades not throwing exception on failing the upgrade, but clean installs throw messageboxes on running the tvserver config without having the service running... ok.. weird... this sounds crazy... in short:

after clean installation -> tvserver started -> running tvserver config -> executes

after clean installation -> tvserver stopped -> running tvserver config -> failure

after upgrade i can't get the "upgrade failed" message...

the problem is not that the index is wrong.. the problem is that there are dependencies on columns in the index... so the column can't be dropped... for me, it does not allow to save anything to the database

Jay_UK:
    have you tried to do a channel scan afterwards? does it create/update the channels right?

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Latest SVN - TVServer DB exceptions

OK... Finally I did it.. here is the solution... does work without any failures in upgrading. due to the lack of a mySQL database I do not know if it is 100% correct. I only replaced the parts which ran into failures... So here it is for SVN 27200:

:mad:

Patch applied to svn. Thanks OnkelChris!

Mr Hipp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom