Some Bad News for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    ps. my mediaportal is better than yours.

is not :p

But mine is better than your's as I run custom build of some random SVN, or used to run before 1.0 was out :p. Now 1.0 has been working so good that I didn't even bother to update 1.0.1, just waiting 1.0.2 to be released and do the update...

thanks tourettes, rub it in. but i agree 1.0 rocks

SOUNDYTIM

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    Mp is free its not fair to compare it to windows any version of windows. Yes winodws 7 is great but its just not that free is it?

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Media Centre within W 7 is truly very very good and using my TV card it provided me with a fully populated EPG right away with no problems.

You can even use this...

media browser

to compliment it. Then again you can use that for Vista.

However...

For those with the time, skill and patience, and do not have / wish to have W 7, Media Portal is vastly superior in its configuration and customization possibilities than the media centre within W 7 could ever be. Whilst it can be quite a frustrating experience to get MP fully configured and working as you would want there are the excellent forums, with people who will help out, to assist and support you but I do realise for some W 7's media centre will fulfil their needs.

Having used MP for sometime now and also tried and used Media Centre within W 7 (RC1) I can see advantages in either application but, for me, I will continue to use and support / promote Media Portal as being THE ultimate in media viewing (albeit I use DVB viewer for the TV function). But I can see for many people they will appreciate the exceptional ease in using / configuring MC.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I just love reading these posts, that's why they are not deleted :D

Bet my version of MP is better than all yours ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom