[confirm] Some Blu-ray disks will not play. (1 Viewer)

happyf1sh

Portal Member
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but here goes;
I have at least two blu-ray disks that won't play in 1.3.0a (i just get a black screen) which did play in release 1.2.3 (with BDHandler). I have others that will play.
I have looked through the logs but not really sure what I'm lookin for.
I have attached them though.

I'd be grateful if someone could have a quick look and see if there is anything obvious to try....

Thanks

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hello,

I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but here goes;
    I have at least two blu-ray disks that won't play in 1.3.0a (i just get a black screen) which did play in release 1.2.3 (with BDHandler). I have others that will play.
    I have looked through the logs but not really sure what I'm lookin for.
    I have attached them though.

I'd be grateful if someone could have a quick look and see if there is anything obvious to try....

Couldn't see anything wrong in the logs. Please try different video decoder and/or post a samples of the Blu-rays that fail to play -> http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/User:tourettes/Providing_a_Sample_blu-ray_content

happyf1sh

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for looking tourettes,

I tried a different video decoders and using graphstudio to see ehats happening I report the following;

1) I had to change the VC-1 video setting (in blu-ray codec tab) to affect a change in the video codec
    2) LAV as described above (black screen)
    3) "WMVideo Decoder DM0" (black screen)
    4) "Cyberlink VC-1 Decoder (PDVD7.x)" - reports "unable to play: index.bdmv"

Other things I noticed;
    • I believe the black screen is because the file doesn't actually start (notice the counter on GraphStudio).
    • Filmerit reports that mpurlsourcesplitter.ax, mpadecfilter.ax, mpeg2decfilter.ax are missing. I don't think these are related.
    • Also, when I select "Mediaportal - Audio Renderer" - graphstudio shows it to be unconnected

Hope the information helps ....

Edit: I have updated samples of 'Inception'

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    MPAR didn't connect if bitstream is selected on ffdshow audio decoder / LAV Audio.
    Try to setup like screenshot.
    I have set LAV Video do use avcodec (so no DXVA / Acceleration etc.)
    :)

Attachments

• LAV_Audio_1.jpg
      LAV_Audio_1.jpg
      92.1 KB
    • LAV_Audio_2.jpg
      LAV_Audio_2.jpg
      91.4 KB
    • LAV_Video_1.jpg
      LAV_Video_1.jpg
      118.9 KB
    • LAV_Video_2.jpg
      LAV_Video_2.jpg
      100.9 KB
    • MP_Config.jpg
      MP_Config.jpg
      93.6 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    One thing you could do (before uploading the samples) is to check what video format all the failing Blu-ray disks have.

From BDReader....log look for:

Code:
    24-08-2012 15:22:05.360 [  fc8]   Video    [4113]     VC1
    24-08-2012 15:22:05.362 [  fc8]   Audio #0:[4352] eng DTS-HD Master
    24-08-2012 15:22:05.364 [  fc8]   Audio #1:[4355] jpn AC3

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    One thing you could do (before uploading the samples) is to check what video format all the failing Blu-ray disks have.

From BDReader....log look for:

Code:
    24-08-2012 15:22:05.360 [  fc8]  Video    [4113]    VC1
    24-08-2012 15:22:05.362 [  fc8]  Audio #0:[4352] eng DTS-HD Master
    24-08-2012 15:22:05.364 [  fc8]  Audio #1:[4355] jpn AC3

I have do some test.
    The sample is surely VC1 interlaced and then to make it work with LAV Video (when no using cuvid / intel quicksync) we must use (check) WM9 option in LAV Video codec format setting.
    But it will not work with BDReader (yet), if i didn't check that box on VC1i and play it with LAV Splitter, it does blackscreen.

So we need to add WM9 to bdreader :p and or you can try to install trial version od PDVD11/12 and try to use that codec :)

happyf1sh

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks Sebastiii, Tourettes,

You are correct, it is exactly the fact that they are VC1.

So, I followed your suggested settings Sebastiii, and in particular un-checking 'use Microsdoft WMVideo Decoder DM0' in the LAV filter video settings made all the difference.
    Unfortunately my machine is not powerful enough to run blu-ray without hardware accelaration. Very poor performance. :(

But I know a little more now. :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Added limitations to Wiki.

Should we mantis the 'Add WMV9 code to BDReader'?

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    is this fixed as i created and dl latest version from master branch yesterday and i now have a bluray in bdmv file structure which refuses to play and goes to a black screen (johnny English reborn). i have other blu rays which play fine, and as i recall ive tested these before and they never did this, think it was alpha release.
    I am just testing on a laptop until me new system comes, its got an i3 350m with intel hd graphics and 3gb ram windows 7 x64, new specs will be trinity based but thought if there is an issue this may help others.
    I also have a bluray called hereafter and the menu loads but when i hit play the menu screen stays there and the audio somtimes plays and sometimes portal just freezes ?

using latest lav filters and changed settings to match post further up the thread and tried various other settings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom