[solved] Some episodes appear back as unwatched (1 Viewer)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here at the update 5.0.4 no more crashes i think the weekend runs good without problems. But i have deactivate the sync Option because the know'n issues. He markt something in seasons to unwached, that i look 30 mins ago or yesterday. So i will wait that trakt site runs stable

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) i notice that some of my series are back as non watched, it's weird, sometimes it's some episodes and sometimes the whole saison lol

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have noticed two episodes recently myself, then I checked again and they were marked as watched.

It could be a hiccup on the trakt servers not giving me back your correct watched history or it could be a problem with the way I check the local cached watchedhistory against the online history (this is how things are marked as unwatched locally).

Since it doesn't continuously happen with the same episodes, my gut tells me is that trakt did not give back the correct watched history for comparison. Hopefully all the user data is now imported on their end and this is less likely to happen...but do keep an eye on it, a debug trakt log help narrow down these types of issues.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will try your new version, i always end-up into old show comes as not seen (Legend continuun etc.) :)
    If it happen again, i will grab log :)
    Thanks for new version :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A possible fix was pushed up online which should hopefully fix any issues with items being marked as unwatched in your local databases.

Keep an eye out if it happens again and most importantly give me logs if it does so I can see evidence :)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm also seeing this issue. In the attached log, you can see starting at 2015-01-23 22:09:54.733 that season 2 episode 8 of The 100 was watched, and as far as I can tell it was successfully scrobbled and marked as watched. But then at 2015-01-24 08:03:17.745 you can see the same episode being marked as unwatched, "Marking episode as unwatched in local database, episode is not watched on trakt.tv".

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Damn, wish that was a debug log :( It would of been more helpful, it's hard to determine where error is.

Could you also attach the file:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Trakt\tony72\Library\Episodes\Watched.json

I would expect that episode above will not be in there if it just got recently saved this morning from an online update.

Im going to make a few logging updates so I definitely get what I need in Info logging for diagnosing these issues.

But as you say, it did look like you successfully scrobbled (watched) 'The 100 - 2x08', the question is if it retrieved your watched history online in this bit:
    Code:
    2015-01-24 08:03:15.485 [INFO] [Sync][29]: Getting user tony72's unwatched episodes from trakt.tv
    2015-01-24 08:03:16.985 [INFO] [Sync][29]: Comparing previous watched episodes against current watched episodes such that unwatched can be determined
    There was 500ms gap here, so I suspect it did go online to get a refreshed watched history. In debug log you would see something like:
    Code:
    TV episode watched history cache is out of date and does not match online data....

Let's re-visit this tomorrow or next day it might occur just incase the push online for the fix was after your scrobble ( I doubt it but im hoping ). If you can also enable debug logging whilst testing this that would be great but I understand if not as it's very verbose and can make your log huge.

Last edited:

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    No problem, the "watched.json" is attached (had to change the extension to get the forum to let me upload it). I've turned debug logging on now, so if it happens again, there will be more info.

Attachments

• Watched.txt
      212.3 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @tony72 ,

I reviewed the caching logic client side and noticed a bug for TVSeries Sync not re-setting the cache for last_acitivites. If I detect no changes to this then I dont pull the latest watched history online, when I do a comparison I might find that anything scrobbled whilst the machine has been left running could be potentially marked as unwatched on next sync as a result.

This wouldn't happen always as there are other places where it gets reset but it could happen and might explain why it still occurs after the fix online was pushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom