Some Graphic Glitches in FTR TV Plugin (1 Viewer)

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I have just installed (for first time) FTR 1.5.0.3, on my MP 1.1.1 and did not have the below glitches before installing it

However i have tried below in Blue3Wide Skin and there is no problem

Its all working well, but i notice now when going into the TV Plugin, from either BasicHome or StandardHome, there are some graphical "glitches"

When clicking TV, you see a brightness increase/decrease and it renders the tv plugin screen, same thing again when doing into the Guide, also when going back out of it, there are change of brightness, and a black screen for half a second or so

I have done the following:

Reinstalled the Latest SteamedMP 1.4.2
    Checked it in Blue3wide - no problem there
    Tried BasicHome and StandardHome - Same problem
    Regenerated the basichome menu, same problem

Its not a big problem but just doesnt work as nice as the standard TV plugin so i thought i would report it

I can make a video if i havent explained myself well

Cheers

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks mastyman, when I get 4TR installed on DEV PC I will take a look.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No prob, Also i would like to add the following things i have found, they differ from what is shown on the standard TV Plugin vs the FTR TV Plugin

FTR TV Plugin - On the first screen when clicking into TV - Its Missing the current episode title, current episode desciption, and the time that show runs at the top right, it only shows the channel logo and channel name

FTR TV Plugin - On the Guide Screen, the episode start and end time is truncated and the episode name is quite far to the left. on Standard TV Plugin the times are not truncated and the episode title is more centered

I have attached pictures of both FTR and MP TV Plugin to illustrate

thanks

Attachments

• Missing1.jpg
      Missing1.jpg
      238.2 KB
    • Missing1-Working.jpg
      Missing1-Working.jpg
      149.2 KB
    • Missing2.jpg
      Missing2.jpg
      336.2 KB
    • Missing2-Working.jpg
      Missing2-Working.jpg
      247.7 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mastyman, did you also have a problem with logos not fitting in space provided? From your screenshots you dont, so maybe its a MediaPortal 1.2 thing.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2 more things

Also there seems to be a difference with the channel logo in the FTR plugin, there is no reflection of it in the FTR plugin, maybe because FTR uses their own logo system?

Also, on the First TV Page, the bottom half of the screen where the channel details are is darkened, whereas on the FTR plugin its transparent, i think it looks better darkened like your original TV series plugin?

mastyman, did you also have a problem with logos not fitting in space provided? From your screenshots you dont, so maybe its a MediaPortal 1.2 thing.

They all fit, but i notice they dont look as good as when streamedmp showed them, i believe the FTR guys are resizing/changing them to work with the console and web interface etc

Im still using 1.1.1 on my machines.

for the first post, it seems that all the TV options, Upcoming records, scheduled recordings have that Flicker (Brightness Down then UP etc) and black screen for when changing between them, going out of them

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Found something else but not sure if this is StreamedMP or its just different using the FTR Plugin

If NOT recording anything

MPTV: A Popup box come sup saying No Active Recordings - nice and tidy

FTR: It loads a page with nothing on it

Screenshots attached

Cheers

Attachments

• Active Recordings MPTV.JPG
      Active Recordings MPTV.JPG
      123.9 KB
    • Active Recordings FTR.JPG
      Active Recordings FTR.JPG
      107.3 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Found something else but not sure if this is StreamedMP or its just different using the FTR Plugin

If NOT recording anything

MPTV: A Popup box come sup saying No Active Recordings - nice and tidy

FTR: It loads a page with nothing on it
    This one sounds like diff functionality with 4TR...nothing can be done about that in skin.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    FTR TV Plugin - On the first screen when clicking into TV - Its Missing the current episode title, current episode desciption, and the time that show runs at the top right, it only shows the channel logo and channel name
    It appears 4TR clears these properties when TV is not on...not much I can do about that in skin.

FTR TV Plugin - On the Guide Screen, the episode start and end time is truncated and the episode name is quite far to the left. on Standard TV Plugin the times are not truncated and the episode title is more centered
    Fixed.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok thanks for checking, its a bit of a shame they have changed some of the default settings like that, 5 steps forward for recording but maybe 1 step back for the TV plugin itsself,

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A couple more things.. when you get bored of this just tell me to piss off.

I just realised on the main FTR TV screen, the middle panel is darkened/less transparent instead of the top and bottom been darkened/less transparent on normal MP TV Skin, i was wondering why it looked weird

Another problem but i dont think with steamedMP, missing a channel logo on recorded show, until its highlighted, then the logo magically reappears, examples in picture "catch me if you can"

Attachments

• FTR - Missing Logo.JPG
      FTR - Missing Logo.JPG
      53.9 KB
    • FTR - Logo Reappears on Hilight.JPG
      FTR - Logo Reappears on Hilight.JPG
      72.5 KB
    • FTR Inverted.JPG
      FTR Inverted.JPG
      231.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom