[fixed] (Some) H264 recordings will not play (1 Viewer)

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Seems similar indeed, SVN 25704 is the revision of the latest code. There is no build available, so you have to: wait for RC3, compile it yourself or perhaps tourette can supply you a TsWriter to test.

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have this problem but not with H264, would like to test it, if someone can compile a TsReader that works with RC2?
Should it not be TsReader?

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    There seems to be two different issues:

1) stream contains lot of broken TS packets (MDAPI in use or bad signal).

This issue can be fixed by allowing TsReader to scan the TS file for longer amout of data to detect the video content. CDeMultiplexer::confused:tart() should be modified to allow that to happen. I see no risks in that (could only cause longer stall for video playback startup when the file is invalid)

2) Something funky with the A/V sync code or timestamps

TsReader tries to correct the A/V sync compensation after the TS clip is played a bit. I cannot fix this since I don't know enough how current A/V sync code in TsReader works. Hopefully Ambass has some time to check this later.

I'm currently posponing the issue to RC4 since Ambass is really busy with non-MP related things.

I'm effectively very busy with non-MP issues.
    I also see TS packets are scrambled ( or not properly unscrambled ....) for more than 6Mbytes at the beginning.:rolleyes:

@MacGyverek
    if your MPEG2 recording plays with another player, please upload recording.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There seems to be two different issues:

1) stream contains lot of broken TS packets (MDAPI in use or bad signal).

This issue can be fixed by allowing TsReader to scan the TS file for longer amout of data to detect the video content. CDeMultiplexer::confused:tart() should be modified to allow that to happen. I see no risks in that (could only cause longer stall for video playback startup when the file is invalid)

2) Something funky with the A/V sync code or timestamps

TsReader tries to correct the A/V sync compensation after the TS clip is played a bit. I cannot fix this since I don't know enough how current A/V sync code in TsReader works. Hopefully Ambass has some time to check this later.

I'm currently posponing the issue to RC4 since Ambass is really busy with non-MP related things.

I'm effectively very busy with non-MP issues.
    I also see TS packets are scrambled ( or not properly unscrambled ....) for more than 6Mbytes at the beginning.:rolleyes:

@MacGyverek
    if your MPEG2 recording plays with another player, please upload recording.

Please remember that this is already fixed, and the second problem was a testing error of tourette.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please remember that this is already fixed, and the second problem was a testing error of tourette.

Not my error. People haven't just donated enough money so that I could afford to a dev PC that can be used to run debug mode TsReader :D

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    tourettes was it possible for you to compile a tsreader that will work with RC 2 without any SVN? Would like to test if my error also will go away with the new one.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    tourettes was it possible for you to compile a tsreader that will work with RC 2 without any SVN? Would like to test if my error also will go away with the new one.

Could someone upload the TsReader.ax bin from the SVN? I have no access to it currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom