[solved] Some movie didn't appear (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
Found some movie didn't appear in the movie session cover view.

If I change it to folder view went into the folder it said no item to display but I have mkv file in there.

I tried in settings and reimport media source and it stopped at 37% for the movie folder.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please upload log files after re-producing the problem. If the importer stops, please upload the logs after the process aborts.
    That some movies are not found is normal, if the importer did not complete the process.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    I am trying to remove the source and add it again and see what will happen.

Is it normal to take that long for the process to complete? Only 8% after half an hour.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am trying to remove the source and add it again and see what will happen.
    Is it normal to take that long for the process to complete? Only 8% after half an hour.
    I can not say it is normal yet. It depends on your settings and number of media items. If you have online sources for many attributes activated in settings and also many media items (e.g. >500 movies), 8% in 30 minutes can be very fine, because the import process needs to scrap a lot of information.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    Found the issue was caused by I have a folder with m2ts video, now the scan completed in a few minutes.

But there are still some movies didn't appear no matter how many times I reimported.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to get MP2 to just use the file name to search moviedb?
    MP2 does use the file name.

It would be nice if you didn't leave us in the dark and gave exact information which files are not found. The reason for the non-identification is an ambiguous file name, i.e. one that gives many hits in the online databases.Did you read the Wiki and the entry about naming conventions?

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    OK, one example is the movie "Face Off", it appear under Videos but not under Movies. I can play it under Videos and didn't appear in Movies.

I have just use MKVToolNix to remove the file name to blank or file name both didn't work.

Finally checked the metadata "Title" and "Name" and changed them all back to a proper one seem fine now. Just the file name may not work if the metadata is blank.

Is there a way to prevent MP2 to group some movie together under one item?

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom