Somethings changed - mce remote (1 Viewer)

fastfreddy

Portal Member
September 24, 2016
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I came back from a two week vacation and now I have to press the select button on my mce remote twice before it will select the channel.in the planner.

Pressing select gives a burst of the live sound but then you need to press it again for it to select the channel!

Latest version of MP.

Any ideas?
F

Hazza06

Portal Member
February 14, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
i run the MCE RC6 remote + win 7 + MP1.21 Final, and don't have this issue, but MP1.21 does have known issues with volume OSD and windows 7. Have you tried new batteries in your MCE remote, that's the 1st thing i would check.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any ideas?
    It might help if you entered your system specs on your profile page.

My guess would be that there was a Windows 10 update that has introduced this error, but this is a pretty silly guess if you are actually running Windows 7. o_O

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

fastfreddy

Portal Member
    September 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, specs added.

I thought of the batteries, its not them!
    I would guess its windows 10 to blame :-(

Its like it selects the channel, gives a burst of audio (no video) and exits - the second press works as expected.

F

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Its like it selects the channel, gives a burst of audio (no video) and exits - the second press works as expected.
    Thank you for adding your system specs. (y)

There does seem to be a problem with the handling of MCE RC6 remotes in MP 1.21f, although your symptoms are different (so possibly a different problem).

I think that log files would help the developers. Change the log level to DEBUG in both "MP Config" and "TV Server Config". Also, in "MP Config" I think that there is a further logging setting for "Remotes and input devices". Enable that too. Then start MP and reproduce the problem once. Then exit MP and use "MP Watchdog" to collect the logs into a zip file. Finally, upload the zip file to this thread.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this just a one off event for example after a reboot, MP restart or resume from sleep, then it works first time OK?
    My reason for asking is the bug report #3 here.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Does it happen only with the remote - what happens if you use the enter/return key on the keyboard to select it?

Hazza06

Portal Member
    February 14, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, specs added.

I thought of the batteries, its not them!
    I would guess its windows 10 to blame :-(

F

I get different results with MCE RC6 remote + Windows 10 + MP1.21

selecting the channel ( using either full guide list, or mini guide list ) using MCE RC6 remote works without any issue for me. On this PC Windows 10 version 1809 OS Build 17763.316

Using the Microsoft IR receiver model 1040, and native Microsoft HID ehome IR diver version 10.0.17763.1 that windows installed automatically

connecting to remote back-end TV server via rtsp streaming, where DVB-t card in the remote TV server back-end is the Hauppauge HVR 2200

For MP front end - remote config, using the recommended HID classic profile.

Last edited:

fastfreddy

Portal Member
    September 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, been away.

@CyberSimian I will get some debug logs posted.

@joecrow Its not that - it happens all the time.

@Owlsroost Just tried - the keyboard works OK

I will get some debug logs asap.

F

fastfreddy

Portal Member
    September 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All appears to be working as expected today. And I have changed nothing!

I'll see how it goes and update here.

F

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom