South African - Users (1 Viewer)

M

mjmapi

Guys I’m struggling to make the xmltv guide work, the default Mediaportal XMLTV plugin does not pick up the "tvguide.xml" from the dropped/pointed to folder, when I force import the from "Tv configuration" it freezes and fails to respond.

I tried 4therecord, it seems to import the guide just fine however I noted that I cannot find SABC 2, while I can see the rest, it’s as if it’s not picking up the SABC 2 from the guide, I’m using the latest version of XMLTV.

Any pointers?,

MTBiker

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
When you import the epg in the MediaPortal XMLTV plugin it does take a few minutes to import all the info, and it may look like it has frozen. Just hit import, sit back, relax and crack a beer or 2 while you wait. :)

M

mjmapi

MTBiker, first the mediaportal XMLTV plugin constantly checks for a new tvguide.xml each minute but somehow mine does not pickup the newly dumped tv guide.

When i click import the Tv Configuration window immediately becomes non responsive (turns white, becomes frozen with not responding at top), with 4therecord it automatically identifies and imports its.

I will try your trick, maybe the beer will do the trick. ;)

M

mjmapi

MTBiker, first the mediaportal XMLTV plugin constantly checks for a new tvguide.xml each minute but somehow mine does not pickup the newly dumped tv guide.

When i click import the Tv Configuration window immediately becomes non responsive (turns white, becomes frozen with not responding at top), with 4therecord it automatically identifies and imports its.

I will try your trick, maybe the beer will do the trick. ;)

-Got home and downloaded a new guide and pasted it on my xmltv folder, voula!, immediately imported the guide, so i cannot really say what was the issue, much thanks MTBiker

MTBiker

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I've uploaded a slighlty modified guide to http://nfxd.co.za/epg/tvguide-test.zip, and as it for testing there is only 3 days of data ;)
Please download it and see if it sorts out the Season and Episodes issue, if so I'll make the changes to my daily upload that I send to http://nfxd.co.za/epg/tvguide.zip and I'll upload the changes I've made to the WebGrab+Plus files here for those of you that use it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom