South African - Users (1 Viewer)

MTBiker

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I quickly wrote this app to update the episode info to MP Standard:
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.9.0</episode-num>

I have yet to test it fully, since I'm still at work :)

Hi Heina, I can get the output to: <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">S2/E4</episode-num>, so getting closer :) I've pm'ed Jan the creator of WebGrab+Plus to ask for some help to get it to: <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.9</episode-num> then we will be sorted :LOL:

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    I saw there are lots on inconsistencies in the episode-num tag though. Some of them even has a couple of words from the title.

Code:
      <programme start="20121005203000 +0000" stop="20121005220500 +0000" channel="SONY">
        <title lang="en">The Nutty Professor</title>
        <sub-title lang="en">until he meets a beautiful woman. He develops a revolutionary formula, tests it on himself and becomes an irresistible ladies.</sub-title>
        <desc lang="en">An overweight professor's life is just miserable - until he meets a beautiful woman. He develops a revolutionary formula, tests it on himself and becomes an irresistible ladies' man.</desc>
        <credits>
          <director>Tom Shadyac</director>
          <actor>Eddie Murphy</actor>
          <actor>Jada Pinkett</actor>
        </credits>
        <rating>
          <value>PG13</value>
        </rating>
        <date>1996</date>
        <episode-num system="onscreen">s life is just miserable</episode-num>
      </programme>

Last edited:

MTBiker

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Sorry guys, I was running an older version of WebGrab+Plus "Major Blonde Moment" :rolleyes:

This config file should fix the "No EPG update requested" issue ;)

Attachments

• WebGrab++.config.xml
      18.7 KB

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    @MTBiker

Could you also please as Jan from WebGrapPlus if it is possible to leave the Season/Episode number and title in the EPG Description? I don't know if it is just my skin (Avalon), but it does not show those details

Thanx
    Hein

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    Thanx MTbiker

I have the same question as Nicot though. I see MP does save something in the episode title field in the db, but all my series recordings are currently recording every broadcast even though it is set up to check for duplicates by episode title

see post https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/preventing-duplicate-recordings.99297/

There is still a bug in MP re Duplicate recordings. (Scheduled for 1.3 Beta)

I completely forgot about it 'cuz I moved to 4TR, but recently decided to move back to an all MP solution.

Setting the "Episode Key" to "Episode Title" will work best for us (looking at the data in the DB) once this is working.

MTBiker

Portal Member
    August 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok guys, with the help of Jan (WebGrab+Plus) we have made some changes to the guide :)

We fixed the <episode-num system="onscreen"></episode-num> getting wrong info :)
    Also removed the <aspect></aspect> tags as is not needed???
    Also the guide will now pull up to 8 days of info :) (Previously it was 6 days)

The following channels have no info as DStv has nothing published for them: TellyTrack, Soweto TV, ERT & TV5 Monde Afrique. If DStv does start publishing info for them it will automatically be inserted into the EPG.

You can still grab the guide from here: http://nfxd.co.za/epg/tvguide.zip (Thanks Nicot)

I've attached the updated WebGrab+Plus config files for those of you that use it :) Just extract to C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab

Attachments

• WebGrab.zip
      6.4 KB

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    Thanx MTBiker.

I made the following mod to the dstv.com.ini file for those interested. It leaves the Episode numbers, title etc in the EPG Description

Cheerz

Attachments

• dstv.com.rar
      1.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom