MP2 - V2.1 Specific ripped DVD not appearing in movie library (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3

Description
As first mentioned in this thread:

DVD of "Downfall" ("Der Untergang") ripped to VIDEO_TS format does not appear in movie library no matter which type of view is selected. All other movies in the library (170 in total) are displayed.

Have tried to re-import the share several times but he result is always the same.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Rip physical DVD of "Downfall" to VIDEO_TS format on a NAS shared drive.
2) Import into movie library.

Attachments

• 310192_MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-08-30-22.34.52.zip
    2.4 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DVD of "Downfall" ("Der Untergang") ripped to VIDEO_TS format does not appear in movie library
    It does, but is not recognized the way you want it:
    Code:
    [110      ] [INFO ] - Media item aeecd4ec-544f-4e5d-8acb-cf1820ea3f17 with name Decadence and Downfall: The Shah of Iran's Ultimate Party (2016) (DOWNFALL) imported (15 ms)
    [2018-08-27 18:54:48,663] [4533977]

Rename your file in such way that the title is unique, i.e. uses the IMDB name with year, e.g. "Downfall (2004)" or directly with the German name "Der Untergang (2004)". It is also a good idea to add the tt number to the file name, in your case tt0363163. See Wiki for further details

Last edited:

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    OK, I have added the tt number to this folder and it now appears in the library. I think I sent you an older log, when the folder was called DOWNFALL. I since renamed it to DOWNFALL (2004) which still did not work. It is now DOWNFALL (2004) tt0363163 which works.

I don't have any cover art, though, despite there being a "folder.jpg" image in the same folder. I can see cover art for all my other movies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I have added the tt number to this folder and it now appears in the library. I think I sent you an older log, when the folder was called DOWNFALL. I since renamed it to DOWNFALL (2004) which still did not work. It is now DOWNFALL (2004) tt0363163 which works.

I don't have any cover art, though, despite there being a "folder.jpg" image in the same folder. I can see cover art for all my other movies.
    As far as I remember (I may be wrong though) folder.jpg is not considfered in 2.1.3 but will be in 2.2.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    I have enabled downloading fanart and movie details and re-imported, but I am still getting no cover art for two movies:

Downfall (Der Untergang)
    Dead Snow (Dod Sno)

New log files attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-09-01-13.27.28.zip
      526.4 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but I am still getting no cover art for two movies
    This is probably be due to the fact that the movie had been wrongly recognized at the beginning. You can wait for MP 2.2 to be released, which allows you to do a reimport for a specific media item. Or you delete/move the file(s) in question, then update the database (import) so that the media item is deleted, then add the file(s) again and import one more time.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Or you delete/move the file(s) in question, then update the database (import) so that the media item is deleted, then add the file(s) again and import one more time.

That worked for Downfall, but not for Dead Snow. No biggie :) I will wait for 2.2 to come out. Thanks for your help!

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    More info: I just tried removing the whole media source and re-importing all my movies from scratch. This time Downfall imported OK, Dead Snow still has no cover art and now Dark Star (which was fine before) now also has no cover art. Maybe my system hates movies starting with the letter "D"? :)

Interestingly, the fan art for all films downloads OK.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom