SpinSafe going 1080... (4 Viewers)

Do you use a 1920x1080 screen for mediaportal?

• Yes

Votes: 393 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 135 25.6%

• Total voters

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Looks great in the scr shots.. Ill have a look at it even tho I only have a 720p display.

Actually I loved spinsafe revolve but what put me off was the blue colour.. black looks a lot more pro =)

edit: The server it is hosted at seems to be down? :( I really want to try this mirk, any chance you could reupload it somewhere? www.dump.no for example?

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looks great in the scr shots.. Ill have a look at it even tho I only have a 720p display.

Actually I loved spinsafe revolve but what put me off was the blue colour.. black looks a lot more pro =)

edit: The server it is hosted at seems to be down? :( I really want to try this mirk, any chance you could reupload it somewhere? www.dump.no for example?

DAM university WEBSERVER!!!

If it still does not work i have a added a mirror HERE

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The original link still doesnt work, but the mirror does :D

thx a bunch, I'll try it and see how usable it is on 720p.. :)

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    About TV section:
    The font size of the channel list in the TV sections is very small (1,8x or 2x as big would be nice), also there are alot of channels shown could do with 2 or 3 less channels.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok tested the skin now, parts of it I just love - while other parts I dont like..

Most of the stuff I comment has nothing to do with resolution, but I should mention I use 1366x768 as my res.

What I dont 'like'
    - TV-Series.. Have you looked at the way its layed out in monochrome? Especially in season/episode view. I think that layout would be awesome for this skin. If you don't plan on doing anything with that screen I might have a go at it myself..
    - Basic home.. Did you consider using watch/listen/extra menus like in monochrome? And I think the colour of the icons crashes a bit with the rest of the skin.. IMO they would look better in some kind of grey. Could you share the PSD's for those? I would like to try and modify them a bit =)

What I love:
    - The video OSD looks amazing, to me its perfect!
    - The Video section is great as well. Shares view could be better, but "database-name" view is fantastic.
    - Music section is good.

Thx for your great work mirk! It's really appreciated. And I hope you look at my criticism as constructive :)

shtewps

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    i was just curious..

is this listing layout available in the 720p version of spinsafe revolve ?

i love how the movie titles are listed at the side and the movie info + box cover corresponds on the left.. beautiful design!

:D

uncertainty

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2007
    NYC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i was just curious..

i love how the movie titles are listed at the side and the movie info + box cover corresponds on the left.. beautiful design!

The "List view" for the spinsafe revolve skins has the same layout but uses a blue background instead of black. It is the best List view of any skin IMO.

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I Think you already know that TV stuff (EPG and so on) has the wrong size ;)

And.. could you make the font size of the TV Channel change screen (much) bigger? Sometimes I believe that most of the mediaportal skinners dont wear glasses or have perfekt eyes :p ... That'd be awesome :)
    (subjective... to dark :/ )

Thanks a lot for another great skin!

shtewps

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    i was just curious..

The "List view" for the spinsafe revolve skins has the same layout but uses a blue background instead of black. It is the best List view of any skin IMO.

i cant seem to get that view though.. i can view large icons, and the filmstrip will show me the thumbnail icon scroll with a larger image to the right.. but no imdb info or anything like that.

am i missing an option here ?? i have the imdb added as a database, and ive updated all of my video folders...

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Enter "Switch view"--> Genre/Title and you will get the view you want =)

The catch is you dont get your folder structure when browsing the files..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom