Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hallo.

Im working on a new skin.
    This skin have grown out of the SpinSafe skin, so there are alot of similaritys.
    I where going for a little more brighter and happy skin insted of the more darker SpinSafe.
    The theme in this skin is soposed to be the nature.

Down below you can see the result so far.

The skin will be avalible on the main mediaportal homepage as soon as it have been validated.

Found a bug ? Why not add it to the Bugtracker

DOWNLOAD

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Very very nice, but I hope this will not lead to less frequent updates on your other skin :)

THDBASED

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice touch!
    btw: the thumbs.db files and contents of the fonts/ subdir do not need to be included

belzebutt

Portal Member
    April 19, 2006
    WOW!

This looks extremely impressive, I use Blue2 16:9 exclusively and I'm really glad someone is making a great-looking widescreen skin. Please post when you have completed it, I'm going to download what you have in the meantime.

belzebutt

Portal Member
    April 19, 2006
    Ok, I used it for a bit and here are my suggestions:

- In all the main modules like My Videos, My Pictures, My Trailers etc. the font is not very readable. It's light gray for everything so there's not enough contrast with the rich background, and only when you highlight it it's white. It's also quite small. There is no such problem on the main screen because the font is white at all times. I would suggest making the font bigger and whiter, or perhaps add a shaded background to increase the contrast.
    - Again in all the main modules, the list of items only goes about 2/3 down the screen, the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 is empty. It's a lot of wasted space.
    - The skin is not very overscan friendly. For me the date is cut off and so are part of the OSD. I'm using the same setup as for Blue2 wide where nothing gets cut off. I would really suggest bringing everything closer to the middle. By the way my UI calibration is done so that the red outline is slightly cut off.
    - A few times when I used this skin I was "stuck" in a certain menu and I could not get back to the main menu, unless I close MP and restarted. For example I was stuck in Settings and I could go to submenus inside Settings but hitting ESC from Settings would not bring me back out to the main menu.

That's all for now, other than that the skin is gorgeous, looks much better on the TV than in the screenshots.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    - In all the main modules like My Videos, My Pictures, My Trailers etc. the font is not very readable. It's light gray for everything so there's not enough contrast with the rich background, and only when you highlight it it's white. It's also quite small. There is no such problem on the main screen because the font is white at all times. I would suggest making the font bigger and whiter, or perhaps add a shaded background to increase the contrast.
    The contrast on the text will be changed as soon as i have figured out how. I have allready tryed this yesterday but it did not respond as i thougt.
    But i will figure it out untill next update... i hope.

- Again in all the main modules, the list of items only goes about 2/3 down the screen, the bottom 1/3 or 1/4 is empty. It's a lot of wasted space.
    This is to make place for the overlay bar that apear when you play some kind of media, and surfing in the menus.

- The skin is not very overscan friendly. For me the date is cut off and so are part of the OSD. I'm using the same setup as for Blue2 wide where nothing gets cut off. I would really suggest bringing everything closer to the middle. By the way my UI calibration is done so that the red outline is slightly cut off.
    I`ll see what i can do. I use a wide LCD screen here so...

- A few times when I used this skin I was "stuck" in a certain menu and I could not get back to the main menu, unless I close MP and restarted. For example I was stuck in Settings and I could go to submenus inside Settings but hitting ESC from Settings would not bring me back out to the main menu.
    I have added this to my TODO list.

That's all for now, other than that the skin is gorgeous, looks much better on the TV than in the screenshots.

I think so to. :D

belzebutt

Portal Member
    April 19, 2006
    This is to make place for the overlay bar that apear when you play some kind of media, and surfing in the menus.

Does the space have to be so huge though? I rarely see the OSD but I see the blank space all the time. I like the way Blue2 does it, you don't even notice that it has space for the OSD. And can't it overlap with the file listings at all? There has to be a better way.

I`ll see what i can do. I use a wide LCD screen here so...

I use a Samsung DLP at 720p. It cuts off about 10 pixels all around the edges. I find that Blue2 is very overscan friendly so maybe you could look at that? At least if there was a way to adjust it. I know LCD screens can be setup so that there is no overscan but for DLP and other projection screens you have to provide for that adjustment.

Again, great work. It's really really nice.

.Johnny

Portal Member
    January 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    HI

I found an issue when the TV is on and you go to the TV GUIDE. The TV is not resized to the corner like on the default skin...

Very nice skin btw! I like the looks, but would not like to have to switch of the TV before going into the guide every time :)

btw I use a 16:10 monitor. Not 16:9

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom