SpinSafe Revolve (2 Viewers)

Do you use SpinSafe Revolve as you default skin?

• Yes, its the best skin out there

Votes: 145 39.6%
  • Yes, but planing to change to another

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Yes, i use it sometimes.

Votes: 49 13.4%
  • No, i have never seen this skin before.

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • No, i have tryed it but it looks all uggly.

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • No, because its 16:9 skin and i use a 4:3 monitor.

Votes: 88 24.0%
  • No. I have tyed it but did not like it when the buttons are on the upper part of the screens.

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • No. I have tryed it but it did not have support of the plugins a use

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • No. I have not download it because of the preview picture(s) it looks uggly

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • No, its has to much bugs.

Votes: 11 3.0%

• Total voters

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
How do you get the views in myvideos where it only shows coverart without the labels underneath?

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How do you get the views in myvideos where it only shows coverart without the labels underneath?

You go to the title view and change the layout to filmstrip.
    If the title view is emply, i gues you have not added any films to the database. You do that by go to the file you want to add to the database and bring up the contexmenu and press imdb.

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi mirk.. The download link of this skin is not working.. could you mirror it somewhere please?

EDIT: Never mind, got it working now =)

nhoffman82

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    I've looked all over this forum, and I can't find a working link, and it's no where on the internet. Does anyone have any idea where to download this? When trying to download it always says....

The connection was reset
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Also... none of the episode thumbnails are showing up for family guy (this is the only tv series I have so far). I have the .jpg's named the same as the file, am I supposed to put it into fanart? Should I rename it?

Thanks for the help

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've looked all over this forum, and I can't find a working link, and it's no where on the internet. Does anyone have any idea where to download this? When trying to download it always says....

The connection was reset
    The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Also... none of the episode thumbnails are showing up for family guy (this is the only tv series I have so far). I have the .jpg's named the same as the file, am I supposed to put it into fanart? Should I rename it?

Thanks for the help

Try this link. DOWNLOAD

About the tumbnail problem. I gues you talking about mytvseries? in that case you should not need to do anything with the images. I should show up by it self after you have made a import.

justinteract

November 8, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mirk,
    i am working on my own skin. It should mainly based on BlueTwo wide but with horizontal menus for music/photos/videos. I actually really like the Vista MC which offers a great naviagtion in this regards, especially when using a mouse.
    Looking at the source code and the skin xmls I am having problems to understand what many elements exactly do, since there are no comments in the code nor do I find any documentation besides this
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/SkinArchitecture/filmstrip
    which seems do be outdated in some details and/or does not explain all elements.

I am especially having problems understanding the behavior and relations of the following attributes

Code:
    itemHeight")]       protected int _itemHeight;
    itemWidth")]        protected int _itemWidth;
    textureHeight")]    protected int _textureHeight = 80;
    textureLowWidth")]  protected int _textureLowWidth;
    textureWidth")]     protected int _textureWidth = 80;
    texturelowHeight")] protected int _textureLowHeight;
    thumbHeight")]      protected int _thumbNailHeight = 64;
    thumbHeightBig")] protected int _heightThumbBig = 0;
    thumbPosX")]        protected int _thumbNailPositionX = 8;
    thumbPosXBig")]   protected int _positionXThumbBig = 0;
    thumbPosY")]        protected int _thumbNailPositionY = 8;
    thumbPosYBig")]   protected int _positionYThumbBig = 0;
    thumbWidth")]       protected int _thumbNailWidth = 64;
    thumbWidthBig")]  protected int _widthThumbBig = 0;

is there any place where I can find more doc and/or can you tell me what these elements exactly do ?

Cheers
    Olaf

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Mirk,
    i am working on my own skin. It should mainly based on BlueTwo wide but with horizontal menus for music/photos/videos. I actually really like the Vista MC which offers a great naviagtion in this regards, especially when using a mouse.
    Looking at the source code and the skin xmls I am having problems to understand what many elements exactly do, since there are no comments in the code nor do I find any documentation besides this
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/SkinArchitecture/filmstrip
    which seems do be outdated in some details and/or does not explain all elements.

I am especially having problems understanding the behavior and relations of the following attributes

Code:
    itemHeight")]       protected int _itemHeight;
    itemWidth")]        protected int _itemWidth;
    textureHeight")]    protected int _textureHeight = 80;
    textureLowWidth")]  protected int _textureLowWidth;
    textureWidth")]     protected int _textureWidth = 80;
    texturelowHeight")] protected int _textureLowHeight;
    thumbHeight")]      protected int _thumbNailHeight = 64;
    thumbHeightBig")] protected int _heightThumbBig = 0;
    thumbPosX")]        protected int _thumbNailPositionX = 8;
    thumbPosXBig")]   protected int _positionXThumbBig = 0;
    thumbPosY")]        protected int _thumbNailPositionY = 8;
    thumbPosYBig")]   protected int _positionYThumbBig = 0;
    thumbWidth")]       protected int _thumbNailWidth = 64;
    thumbWidthBig")]  protected int _widthThumbBig = 0;

is there any place where I can find more doc and/or can you tell me what these elements exactly do ?

Cheers
    Olaf

This is the way i have understand it...
    Item is the complete obeject.
    Texture is the back/forgound texture.
    Thumb is the tumbnail, like film/music cover.

I hope it helped a little.

justinteract

November 8, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mirk,
    yeah thanks a lot.. I wonder how you guys figured all this out when you implemented your skin, I mean without any detailed documentation :(
    I implemented a generic objectDumper that dumps the GUIXX objects, e.g. GUIFilmstripControl into the log file after initialization. It dumps all the fields so that I can the settings in the various skins... still a hard way to understand which element does what..
    from the GUI c# code its pretty hard.. hopefully i will get there one day ;)
    Olaf

nhoffman82

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    Thanks a lot Mirk, loved the skin. I figured out, I was selecting "DVD Series" when it tried to synch... when I selected "On Air Series" everything synched correctly. Now the only thing I can't get to work right is the album art art... everything looks fine in "shares" and I can add my own artists art to "Thumbs\Music\Artists" (which show up fine), but the auto-created album art in "Albums" doesn't get loaded when browsing albums (unless from shares, because I have folder.jpg). I see the album when looking at the individual tracks, but it's not loading it from the folder. This probably has nothing to do with your skin I think I noticed it before, but just thought I would throw it out there to see if you had any idea. Thanks for the link, again very impressive skin ... much appreciative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom