Sports Scores plugin (1 Viewer)

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am thinking about creating a plugin that would display sports scores from Yahoo sports and I am wondering if there is enough interest in this to make it worthwhile.

zag2me

Portal Pro
April 11, 2006
Home Country
England England
Of course, we had one of these plugins for meedio and it was great.

The problem was that yahoo changed their site a few times and eventually the plugin just died. So maybe you can design it so its easy to update if Yahoo changes their layout.

Would be good to get premiership gootball(uk) too ;)

Just a thought.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    This sounds like a usefull plugin since football (USA football, yes I know Football = Soccer) is starting up.

O

~ok|

...but aren't there any RSS feeds of kinds of newsletters that can provide the same results. This way you won't need to code anything.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Home Country
    ...but aren't there any RSS feeds of kinds of newsletters that can provide the same results. This way you won't need to code anything.

not that i know of. if anyone knows of any, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28 · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 And: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/4986-add-to-mypictures-plugin-ability-to-search-view-by-keyword.133895/post-1273275
    Look for all GUI Exif properties: MediaPortal-1/mediaportal/Core/Util/ExifExtensions.cs at 58c955866fb54a8c293afe525862bbb50c8f7b28...
    I would like one of the above IPTC metadata fields to display when viewing pictures in MP. I don't really care which, as I can...
    Replies
    Views
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.35 - Horizon x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix FrameGrabbing for EVR [MP1-5222] - TV Server: Fix ISO-8859-10/14 DVB text encodings [MP1-5224] - Fix Card "CancelTune" request Since Pre-Release : New: Since Pre-Release : Improvement / Rework...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.35 - Horizon x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.35 - Horizon x86 and x64 version. Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.34 Changing from x86 to x64 DE
    Your call, at present there is still an x86 version!;)
    Your call, at present there is still an x86 version!;)
    Hi! Is there a practicable way to change/UPDATE(?!?) from x86 to x64. All I found is the recommendation to make a total reset -->...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom