Spotifier Beta 1.0 - search and play Spotify music (1 Viewer)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: Spotifier 0.3 - search and play Spotify music

Sure, it's just a minor design/usability request :) About the volume issue, do you mean that you have already implemented that method of changing the volume, or is it something that will be part of a future release? If it's already implemented I can't see why it won't work for me.

Volume adjust will be in the future version, it's already implemented but not released yet.

There was a bug in volume action handling in MP which was just fixed:
    0002678: VolumeDown and VolumeUp are handled differently - MediaPortal Bugtracker

So new version of MP is needed to get this work too.

spade

April 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Brilliant.
    Thanks Seco for the great work :)

A feature request or maybe just a clarification?
    I read trough the entire tread, and was in particular interested in
    what you and cul8er was discussing regarding "Now playing". This was back in
    version 0.1 and 0.2, but I can't see that you have implemented it?

I see that the Spotifier Menu states the track playing. Furthermore the time
    left of the track is shown in the background.
    To the feature: Is it possible to add a "Now playing" in the Spotifier menu?
    Furthermore some graphics (artist/album) in this "Now playing" would be great :)

Once again, thanks for the great work. I've been waited for such a plugin.

BTW, I use Win7, MP 1.1Beta_Rev24923, Spotifier 0.3 and Blue3Wide.

E

tlevis

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi, I live in Finland also and have Spotify Premium.
    I've now tried reinstalling but no help. And account settings are ok. Also the plugin setting is the same.
    I'm using Win 7, latest svn and StreamedMP skin.

I upgraded Spotifier and now it can't find anything. Starts up nicely and Spotify running... Help?

Which country do you live in? Check Spotifier configuration that country/region matches your country setting in Spotify account.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi, I live in Finland also and have Spotify Premium.
    I've now tried reinstalling but no help. And account settings are ok. Also the plugin setting is the same.
    I'm using Win 7, latest svn and StreamedMP skin.

That's weird. I'm having the similar setup but I don't have premium account (but it shouldn't have effect on search results).

I guess your country setting is Finland in configuration? Can you check that. Also try some other region like England and see if search results are returned.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Brilliant.
    Thanks Seco for the great work :)

A feature request or maybe just a clarification?
    I read trough the entire tread, and was in particular interested in
    what you and cul8er was discussing regarding "Now playing". This was back in
    version 0.1 and 0.2, but I can't see that you have implemented it?

I see that the Spotifier Menu states the track playing. Furthermore the time
    left of the track is shown in the background.
    To the feature: Is it possible to add a "Now playing" in the Spotifier menu?
    Furthermore some graphics (artist/album) in this "Now playing" would be great :)

Once again, thanks for the great work. I've been waited for such a plugin.

BTW, I use Win7, MP 1.1Beta_Rev24923, Spotifier 0.3 and Blue3Wide.

E

Hi!

Not sure what you mean by Spotifier Menu or what kind of now playing information you want? What skin are you using?

Album/artist artwork and graphics is on the todo list but not very high priority since it's only eyecandy :)

irbsurfing

May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    England England

Hi,
    Sorry for being incompetent, but I'm having trouble installing the plugin on my XP system.

I have signed in to Spotify using the client application, downloaded the 0.3.rar and copied the dll to the mediaportal window folder and copied the skin to the skin folder. I then started mediaportal (1.0.2.0) and enable spotify in the plugins page. When I try to configure the plugin I get the following message:
    "Failed to locate assembly 'Spotifier, version 0.3.0.0, culture=neutral, Publicity token=null. Note that the configuration program must be executed from / reside in the mediaportal folder, the exception will now end"

Am I missing the configuration program or is this the dll?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andrew :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi,
    Sorry for being incompetent, but I'm having trouble installing the plugin on my XP system.

I have signed in to Spotify using the client application, downloaded the 0.3.rar and copied the dll to the mediaportal window folder and copied the skin to the skin folder. I then started mediaportal (1.0.2.0) and enable spotify in the plugins page. When I try to configure the plugin I get the following message:
    "Failed to locate assembly 'Spotifier, version 0.3.0.0, culture=neutral, Publicity token=null. Note that the configuration program must be executed from / reside in the mediaportal folder, the exception will now end"

Am I missing the configuration program or is this the dll?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andrew :)

Hi,

This indeed is a very strange problem. I once got it my self on my desktop machine (Win7/MP 1.1.0 BETA) but not on my HTPC (Vista/MP 1.0.2). I'll try to see if I can still reproduce it and look for the solution.

EDIT: Can you please post all logs when this happens?

spade

April 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Hi!

Not sure what you mean by Spotifier Menu or what kind of now playing information you want? What skin are you using?

Album/artist artwork and graphics is on the todo list but not very high priority since it's only eyecandy :)

Hi,

No biggie but, with "Spotifier Menu" I meant the menu you get when you navigate the mousepointer to the left edge of
    the screen in Blue3 wide skin. Where one can choose search, playlist (current and saved) etc.

Since my last post I switched to the StreamedMP skin, and I can see the implementation of which artist is currently playing
    is better implemented than in the Blue3wide skin. Nice. :)

Is it much hassel to get the info passed to the Minidisplay plugin as well?

E

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

It seems that the configuration part doesn't work in MP 1.0.2 (Failed to locate assembly 'Spotifier, version 0.3.0.0 -error).

Is there any user with MP 1.0.2 who DOESN'T get that error when trying to configure Spotifier plugin MP Configuration -> Plugins?

irbsurfing

May 22, 2009
    Home Country
    England England

Hi Seco,
    Thanks for looking into this, I do hope it can be fixed as having Spotify inside Mediaportal would be fantastic.
    Had a look at the logs and the only one that changes when I try and configure the plug-in is configuration.log so I have attached it, doesn't say much though. If you need something else, please ask.
    Thanks again,
    Andrew:)

Attachments

• Configuration.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom