Squeezebox plugin (1 Viewer)

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Is anybody here using the Squeezebox?
    I'm currently developing a plugin for controlling the Squeezebox through the MP interface and I might need a few testers when I have gotten a bit further in development.

/Raven

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am current not using anything like this.. but it looks sweet! I do use ORB to stream music and videos accross the internet.... I look forward to seeing your plug-in in action for those of you who have a squeezebox!

Here is a link for more information on this product.

http://www.slimdevices.com/

BigCheese

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Germany
    Hi,
    how are things going with your SqueezeboxPlugin?
    Because a Friend of mine have one and i installed for test purpose the free Squeezebox-Server (there is a softwareSqueezebox as well to test it)

:)

RoyN

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2006
    Hi,

I am interested in this as well... how is it going to integrate? is the SB going to play MP files, or vice-vera?

falkyre

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2006
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Put me down as a tester as well. However, my slimserver is not on the same systems as MP. There was a plugin for Meedio that connected to Slimserver but they had to be on the same system. I like to split mine apart (one day hoping to have a ReadyNAS to run Slimserver on)

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Sorry for not replying sooner. Somehow I had stopped watching this topic and didn't think anyone had responded.

The squeezebox plugin is about 60-70% finished.
    There are still some issues with the squeezebox overlay and the handling for really large libraries is not yet complete. I've been concentrating on Razor and Clarity lately so I haven't put much time into finishing this plugin.

There is no problem running the SlimServer on a different machine. You just enter the adress and port of the SlimServer in the configuration window. I currently run the Squeezebox plugin on three differen mp setups with the SlimServer running on one of them.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    RoyN said:
    Hi,

I am interested in this as well... how is it going to integrate? is the SB going to play MP files, or vice-vera?

The squeezebox plugin pulls information from the SlimServer through a custom xml-based interface. The MP music database is not used at all.

The good thing about this solution is that you can control multiple players from one mp machine or control the same player from multiple mp machines.

Users who are viewing this thread