• Total voters

wietze

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Damwoude
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I will send you the file tonight because i am on my work now.

I agree with you that a report must have the basic information and a sort of standard layout. But we want to test diffrent things in each test, so we must make a new report for each test with specific info and tests. There must be someone who's making these reports.

The first thing is that the report it self is simple and easy to use, never the less it gifs a lot of information

Naturaly we want to rule out that testers give false information because their system is corrupted, i think that potential testers first have to benchmark their system so we can analize that the problems do not come out of the system. This make it better to find out if problems are related to low or high performance systems, and or specific hardware. The results of these benchmarks must be mailed to the "Manager"of the test team or someone who capture the data.

I am pleased that there are things going to improve the program, but i find it strange that there are not manny comments from the dev team in this thread. I hope that the Dev's are pleased with this, and i would like that they give a statement on their position.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    wietze said:
    Naturaly we want to rule out that testers give false information because their system is corrupted, i think that potential testers first have to benchmark their system so we can analize that the problems do not come out of the system. This make it better to find out if problems are related to low or high performance systems, and or specific hardware. The results of these benchmarks must be mailed to the "Manager"of the test team or someone who capture the data.
    thats why iam thinking about restricting the access to the Test Forum. Test Group and developers only. on the other hand with a public forum we get much more response. thats why i think we should try it public first.
    i am sure we will have to deal with some strange testresults sometimes. great idea with the benchmark.

wietze said:
    I hope that the Dev's are pleased with this, and i would like that they give a statement on their position.
    i have just send a pm to frodo. i am sure we will get some comments by the developers soon.

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    very nice to see the "group dynamics" here ;-)

extremely i appreciate that an austrian (without the "AL" ;-) ) is taking the "bull by the horns". good motivation seems to make things happen without any barriers (and i guess the two austr(AL)ias are an impressive way to show!-)) in case i´m also one of those austrians i´m very motivated!

honestly: if you´d like to have some more tester - i´m ready.
    because i´m working as project manager and we also do some software development, i will offer the time i´ve got (but please: don´t expect toooo much - i´m responsible for some big projects at the job already!)

if we all keep up making MP the best MC-Solution - it will work!
    ys , LX.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    lxb said:
    honestly: if you´d like to have some more tester - i´m ready.
    because i´m working as project manager and we also do some software development, i will offer the time i´ve got (but please: don´t expect toooo much - i´m responsible for some big projects at the job already!)
    thanks for the offer! we need everyone who is interested an motivated.

to everyone who wants to help. please send me an email with:
    x basic information about your Mediaportal PC (please use the support template)
    x dxdiag file
    ---- -> Run -> DxDiag
    (Select "No" when prompted to check for WHQL signed drivers)
    Then, choose the "Save All information" button.
    x do you have experiences with testing software?

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've send you an e-mail as well to vollunteer for the testing.

Also an idea I had is something like:

Wat does it do?

What did you expected it to do?

Suggestion for improvement

These questions/suggestions are more for improvement in the in the interface because I think the interface could in some parts be more intuitive.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Yes, I would like to help testing / writing plans too. *email sent*

Kind regards,
    Michel

Deco

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2005
    Ireland
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I too have voted for stability - "a good house has strong foundations"!

I enjoy Media Portal, but cannot recommend it to others yet as it is too unstable. If the core functionality is rock solid, many others will begin to use Media Portal.

As a non-coder, if there is anything I can do to help, I offer my services.

W

woden

Stability...

Hi.

I'm sorry to say that stability has gone down lately. Sure there is a lot of new neat functions but the last version released demands that you turn the view of everytime you need to pause. If you don't then the program may freeze.

The version before that didn't freeze but the progressbar didn't disappear after you unpaused and that was quite annoying.

And we shouldn't talk about the version before that. It used upp so much memory that you had to reboot the computer aften.

I liked the 0.0.9.1 version. It really did it for me but you guys really work hard on this project so I think you'll finally find the right mix of stability and functionallity.

I'd really want to be a tester.

best regards

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom