• Total voters

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    tkortell said:
    You could be the one the developers turns to when they need something tested. Then all you need to do is ask your teem of testers who are willing to take this task and assign it to someone.

You could be the one that see to it that every part of MP has a test plan.

It would be grate if you would be willing to take this task and have the time and motivation to do it.
    if the members of the new Test Group accept and support me as the Test Group Leader i would love to do it!

i have been thinking about how the whole test procedure for different cases can execute.

1. Bug reported in the Forum

2. test requested by a developer

3. test requested by a Member of the Tester Group

improvement suggestions are wellcome.

if you want to help mediaportal and be a part of this Test Group please report here or send me a pm.

in order to know who is the best person for every task it would help me very much to know the system specification of your PC (CPU, TV-Card, ..). you can also send me a txt file created with dxdiag
    Start -> Run -> DxDiag
    (Select "No" when prompted to check for WHQL signed drivers)
    Then, choose the "Save All information" button.

robomonkey

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Avalon111, I've tried sending you an email with my testplan on, but it bounced!!!

Do you wanna drop me a mail to mark.howard@robomonkey.co.uk.

I'd suggest that we need to take the 'bull by the horns' and nominate ourselves as team leaders, I'm happy to help do this jointly, and between us we can come up with protocols and testplans to put in the Wiki, then start recruiting a few other willing bods.

This clearly doesn't stop any testing other people want to do, it will just give a more structured approach to the whole thing.

A

Anonymous

Since i'm a happy user of Mediaportal i can only say that i feel obligated to help out.(and i would like to as well :) )

But i would need(as mentioned before) some sort of test plan. Maybe a kind of form for noob's like me which helps us to give some usefull error info(instead of, it crashed).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Mr.WOP said:
    But i would need(as mentioned before) some sort of test plan. Maybe a kind of form for noob's like me which helps us to give some usefull error info(instead of, it crashed).
    we are working that out at the moment.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Avalon and Robomonkey. This looks very promising! Stay on track guys. :)
    For contact persons on the different sections of MP look onto the home page, in the news of 11th august you can see which developer is responsible for each plugin. You may try to contact them to work out test plans.

Looking forward for having a MP test team. When i am done with my diploma, i think i will join for testing. :)

Flip.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    FlipGer said:
    For contact persons on the different sections of MP look onto the home page, in the news of 11th august you can see which developer is responsible for each plugin. You may try to contact them to work out test plans.

Looking forward for having a MP test team. When i am done with my diploma, i think i will join for testing. :)

Flip.
    thank you for the hint about the developers.
    hopefully you can join the Test Group soon. good look with your diploma!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i have send a pm to MrMario64.
    i have asked him to create a new forumtree here

--Testplans and Testresults
    ----|
    ----|-MyTV
    ----|-MyRadio
    ----|-MyPictures
    ----|-Plugins
    ----|-Skins

if MrMario64 agrees with my plan, i will post the Testplans into the forum.
    everyone can use the testplan and post the result into the same thread.
    to keep the forum clear, only "Testplan and Result" topics are allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom