Standy is unreliable (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had this today. MP did not resume from S3 and missed two recordings.
    When I got it to manually come out of S3 using the remote, it did but MP just locked up and I had to kill it.

My logs attached

Can you tell us when these recordings were supposed to take place?
    All 3rd December
    10:30 => 10:35 - Channel 4 - Tate Modern
    11:15 => 11:20 - ITV - ITV News
    14:50 => 15:00 - Channel 5 - Going For Gold Extra

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Here are logs of one standby issue.

A recording was due 10:50. However, when I arrived home at about 17:00, I noticed that the PC was still on. When I turned the TV on, screen was otherwise blank but Windows taskbar was visible. I opened task manager, and Media Portal was not visible in the applications tab. I chose "restart", and then the dialog box "media portal process is not responding" was shown. I closed it, and when the machine had restarted, collected the logs which are attached.

Something like this happens almost always with RC4. Most of the scheduled recordings fail for me.

Btw, reinitialize tuners after standby was not selected in TVS. If logs show that it was enabled I may have activated it just before creating the logs.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you for trying to gather the logs. But since MP was started upon reboot the most important log file MediaPortal.log was renamed to MediaPortal.bak.

For now, you have to manually add the .bak files to the zip file, or better: Kill MP with ctrl-alt-del (which I know sometimes can be difficult).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom