start button in mce remote control (1 Viewer)

prp9

July 1, 2006
i have mce remote control but i only have windows xp professional. media portal helped me a lot. but then, when i am in normal windows if i press windows button on mce remote control nothing happens. how can i make media portal open when i press windows button on mce remote.

enzo-ita

Portal Member
July 1, 2006
Hi,
I am sorry if it is a dumb question, but I am not able to make it work.
Waht shuold I do once opened the rar file? I have tryed to double click and it looks like it tries to install something, but then the green button does not start MP.
Thanks for your help.

ciao

enzo

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Extract the files to the mediaportal folder found at

C:program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal.

Then i use a free program called winpatrol, a great tool for various reasons, and this is just one.

Run winpatrol, go to startup programs/add, find mptray in the MP folder and that is it, now mptray will run as a service everytime you start windows.

This is very usefull if not used to running command line prompts.

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    Thanks for your answer.
    I did follow what you suggested but no success.
    The program runs because I can see it in the task manager, but it does not appears in the tray and (therefore?) it does not work.
    I am using XP sp2 and Mediaportal 0,2
    Thanks for your help.

ciao

enzo

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Does not appear in systray, if it is running as a process then it will work with the green button from the mce remote and start MP.

Have you got use mce remote selected in MP setup.

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    Hi,
    I think the remote is set up correctly beacause it works once I have opened MP manually.
    Also, the green button takes me back to the main windows when pressed, so I think it works, but the MPTray still does not.
    Ciao

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Toshiba qosmio G20 154 is using MCE as the operating system i presume.
    is it the standard MCE remote with microsoft model 1039 on the underside of it, or is it made and supplied by toshiba, as may be something there stopping MPtray from doing its job, and opening mediaPortal.

Regards

enzo-ita

Portal Member
    July 1, 2006
    You are right the remote and the receiver are supplied by toshiba, but: if the green button runs once media portal is open, why it should not work when media portal is off?

One thing I did not notice before, is that the remote receiver's responds with a red led when it recive a command from the remote, but it does not respond if media portal is off.

I believe mptray should activate the receiver but it does not seem to do that.

The receiver is connected to the pc via a usb cable.

Actually I am not running mptray and media portal on the qosmio toshiba but I am runnig it on a pc self built.

Thank again for your assitance.

ciao

enzo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom